All: Things that the soap press gives too much credit to.

• Members

As a lot posters know, the soap press (or the gay mafia as some would called them) are most likely a bunch of fanboys and fangirls who has a bad habit of kissing ass and overprotecting their sources just because they're trying to get one boring soap interview with a star or writer or just to get pointless spoilers for a soap (at least that's what I feel about them.)

But, the real problem I have with them that drives me up the wall is this agenda pushing that the soap mags and bloggers have a hard-on for like saying that Y&R and OLTL is the best its been since the 80's but, from I read, the shows are in very bad shape right now.

And then, the soap press have this hard-on with certain soap stars like Billy Miller, Tom Pelphrey, Marcy Rylan, Eden Riegel and so on by saying that they can sell any storyline to the audience and saying they are the best young actors to ever grace daytime soap landscape. I mean, WOW! That's a little too much praise if you ask me.

And lastly, why is it they always push for saving one soap from cancellation like OLTL but the others don't get fair treatment? I know not every current soap can be salvageable but I just find this agenda to be crazy.

I'm going to stop there to read what others think about this. Are there things the soap press gives too much hype on something when it shouldn't be or something they do that ticked you off about them?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived