DAYS: Roman and Diana

• Members

I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the back story of Roman and Diana. I recall bits and peices of their storyline such as she was supposed to be (or did?) marry Victor. I then remember she had something to do with The Spectator and then she just suddenly donned a disguise one day and disappeared in the middle of the night. Why did she leave? Also what was up with the story about SOD running a cover story on R&D's wedding but it never took place - does anyone know why this storyline was changed? Did Genie Francis ask to be let out of her contract?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe she left at the end of hr contract. In her Intimate Portrait special that aired on Lifetime a few years ago, she said doing DAYS was a big mistake career-wise for her, and she never felt the character was properly developed or had much significance. She also described the tone on set there as "cold" in another interview.

• Members

I think Diana left because she felt she had somehow been responsible for Carrie being taken ill?

They shot the cover before a headwriting change. The incoming headwriter junked the wedding story. Genie left before they could get married, if they were going to.

• Members

I have bits and pieces of it still on tape. Her decision to marry Victor had something to do with keeping her mother out of prison. She was doing it out of love for her mother (and feeling sorry for her because she was hurt and in a wheelchair at the time) but she didn't know at the time her mother and Victor were in cahoots; I think the mother wanted Diana to marry a rich man. Diana found out about her machinations and the fact that she was responsible for Diana and her father (played by Morgan Woodward) having been estranged so many years.

Roman and Diana slept together the first time when they were in Greece for Justin and Adrienne's wedding. They got trapped in some romantic underground catacomb room with, conveniently, a bed. But she ended up leaving Greece with Victor on his boat. Roman, with Diana's father also in the know, kidnapped her the day of her wedding and handcuffed her in her wedding dress to a bed in a remote cabin. He eventually let her go and when she returned to Victor's house she overheard her mother and Victor and what they had done and she went off on them. I think her mother went to prison; I know her father died.

Roman, Diana, Steve and Kayla were a bit of a Scooby Doo team for a while. One of Diana's father's employees had surgery to make him look like Senator Devereaux (Jack's adopted father who at this time wasn't a serial killer yet!) and somehow Steve was set up to try to kill Harper Devereaux. She was also around when Roman started going into trances seeing images of pagodas. This was tied in with Orion, Benji's grandfather and that whole storyline of Benji and his mother in hiding from his mysterious, evil father.

I think, towards the end of her time, Marlena was coming back or made to seem that way because there was stuff going on about checking into Marlena's "death" or whatever.

The show had a knack at the time for creating couples with chemistry. Roman and Diana were among the many popular "supercouples" at that time, alongside Steve & Kayla, Justin & Adrienne & Kim & Shane. GF and DH did have a nice chemistry going on.

• Members

if I recall correctly Diana's exit story was that her presumed dead husband Cal Winters turned up as she was planning to marry Roman (RoJohn! lol) (by that time it had been established that Marlena supposedly being alive was yet another of Stefano's tricks, though two years later of course it would be revealed that Marlena was indeed alive and Stefano did have her). In the story, Diana tried to shoot Cal and ended up accidentally shooting Roman instead. She didn't remember doing it but later realised she did and fled town ( or something like that).

Cal ended up sticking around to have an affair with Kimberly mere weeks after Shane's presumed death and was the other potential daddy in Kim's second WTD story.

Archived