Julianne Moore: The Sanest Star?

Sylph

• Members

I love that! :lol: I have to see this movie then. And not because of the story (read the novel, I do not dislike it, but I'm not crazy about it). Funny you should mention the folded shirts — Tom Ford's perfectionism goes so far as to write a movie script (which you can read here (PDF)) in a program which is used for typesetting magazines, books... He had to change the look, although all within the limits of the standard script look. I found it hilarious and phenomenal. :D

Many commented and complained about too much polish, e.g. LA Times: At times like this, the film can feel like one of those gorgeous fashion spreads filled with impossible cheekbones, chiseled bodies and moody glances.

The danger, of course, is that perfection will become the flaw, and "A Single Man" drifts perilously close. There are no unattractive people here, at least not ones that matter, and the world they live in is polished to a high sheen.

From Globe and Mail? The interview? I've read that, it is a nice story. Tom and Scearce have a good relationship, it's actually quite a normal thing for a director to mess with the script.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived