OLTL: Discussion for the week August 24

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure he gets sick of the storylines, especially now that they are trying to pass Todd and Tea off as sappy sweethearts, but he checked out of the scenes with Blair, then with Marty, now Tea. It's like Maurice Benard and Steve Burton combined.

• Members

:wub: Langston checking out dripping wet producer dude. I'd love a triangle with those three. Or a forbidden affair. Yum!

:wub: Layla's initial reaction to finding out the truth about Fish.

:wub: David Vickers. "Are you pulling a Nora?" <swoon>

:wub: Mathew, the sneaky miniature Asa.

Liking Stacy feeling guilt. FINALLY!

I haven't laughed so much from watching a soap in a long time. Kudos OLTL!

• Members

Matthew was so delicously devious just like Asa. I agree with everything else you said. Another solid show. I watched it live and then again on soapnet.

What bothers me more is that they don't ever do anything about it. Surely the Producers and Directors have noticed.

• Members

If they do they have an odd way of showing it. Constant reminders from assorted characters, including people who have no reason to want to root for Todd's happiness, like Marty, telling him Tea is his true love. Viki dragged in over and over to remind us Tea is his true love. Blair as the shrew who wants to stop him from being happy with his true love. They always make sure the story is about letting viewers know who we are supposed to root for.

I see them as being like Gigi and Rex. If they were as good together as the show claims, then they would not need the non-stop propping.

• Members

All couples, who the show considers priority, are propped in some way or another. Those who aren't usually get treated to the backburner, and suffer from laxed story and airtime.  I can't think of too many major couples, past or present, who weren't cheered or jeered by other characters in a deliberate attempt to keep them front and center.  That's just how soaps tend to do things.  

• Members

I haven't seen another recent couple on the show, besides Rex and Gigi, propped this way, where it is an absolute that they are fated to be together, various characters repeatedly tell them so, and anyone who is against them is a bad person. Even Starr and Cole, where Todd went crazy last year because he wanted them split up, they have allowed Todd and Blair to voice objections to their current relationship without seeming like bad people. They dragged Marty into this story just to try to somehow make us think that since Todd loved Marty and was happy with her, if she blesses his relationship with Tea, it must be worthwhile. They have Viki constantly reinforcing this relationship even though she has no reason to even want to be around him. Blair now has no other purpose but to scheme against them.

• Members

I just hope they keep her around and continue writing for her. I am very happy they did not just write her off when they wrote most of her friends and relatives out. Tika is a very unique actress and Layla is an interesting character when they use her. I'm very impressed with OLTL for not deciding they have new black characters so the old one needed to go. I've seen this happen on way too many soaps over the years.

• Members

Tika was good today, you could spot that precise moment where the emotion hit her and she grabbed it and rode it out as the tears started to flow.

I'm praying that this battle of the mayors with Viki and Dorian on opposing sides will bring me endless enjoyment. Seriously OLTL, when all else fails you have ERIKA SLEZAK and ROBIN STRASSER to save your day. Use them wisely, use them more often.

Archived