The Suds Report...8/7

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I personally don't believe that ABC is considering cancelling any of their soaps at the moment. I think this is all just one big grand expirement, with AMC as the guinea pig. If the move works and is successfull, then I feel that OLTL would be moved to L.A., and everything would be all fine and dandy. On the other hand, if the move is a disaster, then ABC can cut their losses and learn from their mistake by keeping GH and OLTL as is, and dumping AMC. Perhaps they decided to move AMC first since they think it is the stronger of the two, so they could test the waters to see how smooth the transition is.

That's just my two cents. Maybe I'm wrong and ABC will just up and cancel OLTL next year. But it seems to me that maybe, just maybe ABC is somewhat more dedicated to their soaps than CBS and NBC, and they are actually trying to save all three from being cancelled for as long as they can.

The truth is, we just don't know the whole story on this.

• Members

I think ABC is dedicated because obviously Brian Frons wants to keep his job. I mean, if the soaps were to be replaced with talk shows, why would it need someone like Frons to oversee? ABC could simply eliminate his position and have the daytime programming be absorbed under it's entertainment division, much like NBC has done with Days. There is no daytime division at NBC anymore.

• Members

Okay. I just found it curious that I mentioned Cameron's Harlem brownstone the other day and it was specifically mentioned in his column. Seemed suspiciously coincidental to me. And I know he adores her, but I felt the exact same way when I made that thread about Robin's hotline message and the next day it's a story in his column. In Robin's next message she mentioned someone with good intentions who "leaked" the info online and my stomach sank (guilty conscience!). I quickly realized she was talking about Nelson and was like, "Phew!" :P

• Members

LOL, I'm just sayin' :P , could have very well been a coincidence. And I mean, information is information, once it's out there it's out there, I'm not looking for credit or a pat on the back or anything. If he or any other soap journalist *does* in fact glean info from the boards, that's cool... as long as they're double and triple checking facts.

And to clarify, he may have "just" paid it off, but Cameron's been living in that brownstone for years now.

• Members

I LOVE wub.gif you Kristoff for bringing up some valuable points and I agree on some things, but I must disagree 'LML' wrote the Winters better.

It was Bell, Smith and Alden who wrote the Winter's Beautifully, there is no doubt in my mind. MAB needs to look at that Writing and dig it up and take notes.

I also knew KSJ would win those Emmy's when the nominations came out.

Anyway, Bell, Smith and Alden wrote the Winter's beautifully just look at 'youtube' and see. MAB needs to look back and read because KSJ is strong and has potential BIG TIME he proves that even with some small scenes.

Thank you, Nelson. wub.gif for mentioning Gina Tognoni to sign with The Young and the Restless and I can only hope it will be Victoria Newman, I wish my dream comes true (sadly not many do, but I at least hope it will happen. Gina Tognoni will bring Victoria alive which is so needed and she fits the role of a mature Victoria).

Jess Walton, also gave a performance that was GRAND this week, loved it. cool.gif

• Members

Not sure why you're yelling, lol....but you still didn't answer my question. You said not all of ABC's talk shows are in HD, and I'm pretty sure they are all in HD on ABC.

I thought maybe I was forgetting one that was not in HD, so I asked if you could think of one....is there an ABC talk show you know of that's not in HD?

• Members

I wasn't yelling!! I know that I've seen "The Doctor's" and it wasn't broadcast in HD, perhaps since they are, I'm not sure though!?

What do you want to bet that stupid ass Nelson made a pass at Mark C. and he had the good sense to turn him down, which is why he called him that.

• Members

Oh, I think I see where you're mistaken....

"The Doctors" may air on your ABC affiliate, but it's a syndicated show, which means it is sold to local stations individually. In other words, it's not an ABC network show, and it can air on any network affiliate depending on which local station chooses to buy it.

As far as I know, as I said, all the ABC talk shows are in HD, even the only one that they themselves syndicate, Live with Regis and Kelly.

In fact, with Jimmy Kimmel going HD, and AMC firmly committed to going HD in February of next year, the only shows left on ABC not in HD are some of the primetime reality shows they air. (Honestly, I'll believe OLTL in HD when I see it....all ABC has said officially is that the move to AMC's old studio will "enable" OLTL to air in HD...but no firm date has been given for the switchover).

Archived