AMC: Marian spoiler

• Members

I was reading Serial Drama and they mentioned a spoiler from the SOC board.

http://serialdrama.typepad.com/serial_drama/2009/07/what-a-drag-it-is-getting-old-in-pine-valley.html#more

http://boards.soapcentral.com/showthread.php?t=499548

This leads to two questions...

Will Marissa continue to smile insipidly as she is shot?

Why do we need to see a live wire character like Marian, played by a brilliant actress like Jennifer Bassey, who finally has her daughter back on the show and in major storylines, reduced to a psycho who is dragged off to the nuthouse?

I would like to believe this is some type of storyline for Marian, but I can't help thinking this is just an excuse to ship her off for good.

This is what I get for enjoying the slap scene.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL

What an unnecessary and untimely way to send Marian off. It's just like with Di. Why bring these people back just to send them away permanently? Liza returns and we get rid of Marian? I don't like that one bit, just as I wished Mary would have stuck around longer when Greenlee passed and became the town drunk always stirring up sh!t at snooty Pine Valley functions.

• Members

Well if all the rumors circulating are true we are not going to have AMC vets around much from now on anymore - that is if they stay in New York.

I have read on a few boards and heard from a few unofficial folks in the business that if they stay in New York a lot of people will be going. And then of course if they do go to California you have all the ones that won't move just like it was when The Brighter Day moved from New York to California. They lost half their cast.

So this doesn't shock me at all. And it is not as if they have not done this to Marian so often through the years anyway. She has been in and out of this show more than any of the vets on the show have.

• Members

Yes, but she was still a token villain at the time, she hadn't had any serious story since the affair with Tad. And that Zach Grayson story at least had some purpose, she was the one who ended the story. She's been a solid character for years now, happily married. Now suddenly Stuart is killed off for this stupid attempt at a mystery and she comes back long enough to go nuts and shoot some pointless character and get shipped off. I think they could have given her a more dignified exit.

Archived