DAYS: Question about families (Abe and Maggie)

• Members

Eugene and Calliope married on Dec 31, 1985. In 1986, shortly after they were married, Eugene disappeared in a time machine he was working on. Eventually he returned and they reunited, but again Eugene disappeared after some very terrible sci-fi crap LOL. Sorry there really is no other way to describe it. Calliope ended up leaving town and I don't know when it was first said but when Calliope returned to plan Shawn and Mimi's wedding she did mention she was still married to him.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The surrogate plot began in May 1981, so more likely than not it was a Writer's Strike plot. I'm not sure if it was in their plans, but Sandy Horton's involvement didn't come up until Pat Falken Smith was writing the show. So there were at least three sets of headwriters who penned that story. From reading weekly synopses of the time, I think Tomlin and Lisanti did a good job solidifying the past and the present. The Trish/Mike romance was sweet and based on a past emotional connection, which was threatened by David's return from San Diego. They really took Lee Dumond from one-note interloper in the Doug/Julie saga and gave her substance in her friendship with Marlena, a hooker past, and a bratty little sister Renee who became a part of the new younger set with Chris' brother Jake, a SORASed Hope, and Nina Laemmle's leftovers Jessica, Josh, and Tod.

Didn't Julie become a bit of a cougar going after Jay Pickett's Dr. Chip Lakin? Also, I believe this was about the time the show planned on bringing on the supposedly devilish Spencer Olson.

LOL, I couldn't figure out who Cynthia was. You mean Angelica Devereaux. Cynthia Preston was Jane Elliot's "All My Children" character.

• Members

I remember all of that. I alsa had tapes of when Bumper Robinson played Jonah. He and Carrie were good friends and their was also a Carver mother on the show at one time. You can see videos of that on youtube. I wish Days would snag Justin Deas as Steve Olson, but if I remember correct Steve was the oldest, then Julie, and Hope. I would love to see Addie's Generation of Hortons on Days. Steve, Julie, David, Hope, Scotty, and Doug's son Dougie. we need more Hortons on Days. I would to be there casting director and re-cast and pep up the Horton clan again.

• Members

I'm not sure who started the Maggie surrogate plot,but Pat Falken Smith stated that she disliked it,in that Maggie would never become a surrogate(or be accepted as one)because she desperatedly wanted a child a child of her own.

Neil managed to hang around long after the other vets(Don,Marie,Doug &Julie)had been dismissed.Gloria Loring's departure left him in limbo,as his other romances were not written with any great depth.

Didn't he also have a brief involvement with Grace(played by Camilla Moore)?

Neil was never written out,so is still in Salem limbo.

His daughter Noelle should have come to town.That would have been a nice nod to history.

Don't get me started on the destruction of the Horton family!

Archived