Sign in to follow this  
Toups

The Vampire Diaries: Discussion Thread

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:53 PM, Wales2004 said:

I don't know how much of the first season of this show I watched but I let it go once I knew Elena was going to be with Damon.  I don't think I am ever going to be there for any show with siblings switching mates. 

This is one of the worst things about television series these days. How they let their leads get away with despicable disgusting things that would irrevocably scar their protagonists - and make them as non-events in the way of redemption. This happened all through out seasons 1 and 5 for Damon and then later on when Stefan became the Ripper with the only difference for Stefan being the Angelus like excuse of his humanity being off. What Damon did to Vicki, Jeremy and Caroline was unforgivable - and purposely killing entire families because of a grudge match even after Elena supposedly changed him was infuriating - and then he winds up happily ever after? This is our hero. No thanks.  

On 3/14/2017 at 0:14 PM, Skin said:

This is one of the worst things about television series these days. How they let their leads get away with despicable disgusting things that would irrevocably scar their protagonists - and make them as non-events in the way of redemption. This happened all through out seasons 1 and 5 for Damon and then later on when Stefan became the Ripper with the only difference for Stefan being the Angelus like excuse of his humanity being off. What Damon did to Vicki, Jeremy and Caroline was unforgivable - and purposely killing entire families because of a grudge match even after Elena supposedly changed him was infuriating - and then he winds up happily ever after? This is our hero. No thanks.  

Sounds like they wanted Damon, Elena and Stefan to be their versions of Angel/Angelus, Buffy/Darla/Drusilla and Spike.

I've been really enjoying Season 3. The show is the perfect example of a maturing, involved plot-driven show that nevertheless bases/roots all these plots in their characters, so it works. Elena and Damon getting closer has been fascinating, and the Klaus stuff really works. I am not crazy about Tyler or his woes, but overall it's in a very good place.

8 hours ago, YRBB said:

I've been really enjoying Season 3. The show is the perfect example of a maturing, involved plot-driven show that nevertheless bases/roots all these plots in their characters, so it works. Elena and Damon getting closer has been fascinating, and the Klaus stuff really works. I am not crazy about Tyler or his woes, but overall it's in a very good place.

Yayyy!!! I've been wondering how you were enjoying the fabulousness that is Katherine Pierce...and you stumbled into Klaus. :D

4 hours ago, Taoboi said:

Yayyy!!! I've been wondering how you were enjoying the fabulousness that is Katherine Pierce...and you stumbled into Klaus. :D

Katherine is always great when you see her. She even did something nice recently! 

Klaus I could take or leave initially, but I've been liking him more and more as the season progresses (I'm halfway through). They are subtly building his character as more than the all-powerful asshat. 

Masquerade. Nuff said. ;) But yeah @YRBB, Katherine is great with her baddest b backside.

Yeah. At first, I hated Klaus as well. But over the last...hmmm...year or so, my opinion has changed. He does grow somewhat over time for sure.