Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Members

I really do agree. There are these bad habits that just become ingrained. Paraphrasing, but close:

Katie: "As long as there is breath in this body, I will love this life"

Stephanie: "I never imagined that here, in the autumn of my years, we would come to this point."

(Insulin, please!).

If it truly is Alden doing this...I can only say that B&B was always an "eye roll" show. And that was okay. But where we are now is just beyond the pale.

I mean, even FLANNERY is knocking out these "Logan sluts" and what have you...repetitive, recycled, florid.

You all KNOW I am not a "negative" guy. I do my best, I have been told, to 'rationalize' everything. But I cannot rationalize the dialogue on B&B.

Honestly, the VERY WORST shows...the ones where I drop everything and say "My goodness, what did they just say" are written by Patrick Mulcahey and Jack Smith.

That's why I have a hard time blaming Alden...because it so specifically happens on the Mulcahey and Smith episodes.

Please, keep Alden, Smith, and Mulcahey away from Y&R. I really think it is for the best at this point.

I'm going to say Jon Robin Baitz, because he's not in primetime.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not everyone can be LeMay, and even LeMay credited Irna and Slesar for their advisement during the initial stages of his original tenure at AW.

Later, when AW hired another playwright in the 80's, it was a huge failure.

And don't get me started with the overrated Michael Malone and his OLTL. :rolleyes:

These people would need months of intense training to write properly for daytime.

• Members

This is stupid, but how old is Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt? He should learn English and start writing pronto, Enigma Variations was a fabulous soap! :lol:

Jackie Collins for B&B? :lol: I'm kinda seriously joking.

• Members

Nancy is never coming back, I've learnt to let that dream die.

Michele is an interesting choice, and she is a storyteller, but she's never really had the chance to shine at GH, with the exception of Guza's second stint where she was responsible for revisiting Laura's rape by Luke and Elizabeth's rape storyline.

I actually wouldn't mind to see what she could do if she were paired with someone who knew the ins and outs of Y&R.

Archived