Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Members

Yes, that was an okay episode. I always remember those just because they're like that. A big thing happens and then the episode next is the exact same night, possibly after half the town is off to sleep, and we have these interesting conversations going on.

Like I said, only one episode like that every two months. They should at least have one a week, if possible.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B is not a good place to measure one's talent, it seems like the type of show that pollutes good writers.

You need to see some of his work on SB, GL, and GH. Particularly GL, where I first fell in love with his work. I'm telling you, don't use B&B as a litmus test.

I don't need to quote that Nancy Curlee interview again as to what she said about Patrick...

And Alden is the one editing those scripts at B&B, so that also speaks to the woman's ear for good dialogue and her editing skills...

• Members

I like this post! I am respectfully curious about what brings you to the conclusion that MAB and her team aren't capable? I mean do you have some sort of insider-knowledge about their drafts/outlines/bibles or is this an observation as a Y&R watcher? Every HW has a turkey now and again, but for a while everyone was glowing about what MAB did - how she saved the show. Do her mistakes - and there certainly are many - negate her successes - also which there are many? And should those mistakes be grounds for immediate termination?

• Members

Well, from what I hear, ever since Alden joined B&B, she's been very hands on with those scripts, sometimes adding and deleting stuff just because she has the authority..

But also, many didn't like his B&B scripts even before Alden arrived.

B&B generally lacks overall depth anyway, no matter the SW. I think Patrick works better on a more serious soap, though SB was quite wacky as well.

• Members

Again, I'm really surprised she has this much authority. I thought his scripts were the best... his dialogue really managed to save a lot of the stories, at least in the particular episode he was in. I would so love to see what he could do script and breakdown wise on Y&R!

Archived