Another World

• Members

I was looking in an old soap magazine which praised the Nancy and Mike two-hander on Edge of Night. They said the first time this had happened on a soap was Steve and Alice on AW. Which episode was this? I am trying to remember if we'd talked about it before. 

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, Eddie is very busy & I feel more than a little protective of him but I also email him with unusual pix I happen to get in my forum & I made screencap images of Mac toasting for example so at least half of the time when I email him it is to offer something he will want! Besides, he is a friend from way way back. 

As you can imagine I am sure, Dano is good at this. I was tickled when she had Deidre Hall on that midway Dee began interviewing Linda!! Slezak was enlightening about PP not knowing what they were doing. Stephen was just like eavesdropping on two best friends. Coppola is up now & I haven't time to go yet.  

• Members

I've listened to a few of Linda Dano's podcasts and they're not bad. I do wish that they focused more on AW and BTS stories, but I guess that's just my preference. I enjoyed the ones with fellow AW actors, especially the recent Alicia Coppola. I loved her as Lorna and have been a fan since. She seems so darn real and someone that just tells it as it is. Linda even said she was kind of scared of Alicia when she started. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I am always gonna want more AW & more BTS!! So, I join you in that. I love Coppola. In a Locher Rm where she & Tucci were 2 of the 5, they revealed that they are real life besties & even godparents to each other's children. Talk about envy of Christine Tucci, I mean she gets to have Stanley as a brother & Alicia Coppola on the phone with her daily!

• Members

Linda and Alicia are one of the best mother-daughter duos ever on soaps. I'm glad they are still close. Alicia was just riveting to watch. She deserved a bigger career.

I would love if she interviewed Nora Dunn, who played her on SNL, but I know that isn't likely.

• Members

I have only just started listening to this episode of Linda Dano's podcast and when they mentioned they had done Mame together I swooned. This review makes it sound adorable. 

https://www.thereporteronline.com/2005/06/15/linda-dano-and-anna-stuart-make-stage-debut/

I need to recover before I can listen to the rest of it. 

ETA: Still working my way through, I got very excited when Anna mentioned having worked in industrial musicals but then she didn't go into any details. I highly recommend the documentary Bathtubs Over Broadway though -- Chita Rivera, Florence Henderson, and Martin Short all perfomed  in industrials.

Edited by Xanthe