OLTL: Discussion for the week November 24-28, 2008

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I definitely think RC is going back to what he has done well if last week's smart character stories were any indication, but I get the sense that the unsteady balance of the Todd and baby stories could fall apart and be boring again at any moment. Or worse, the Todd story could get more offensive. And we haven't gotten to the Montez story, which sssuuuuucckkksss.

I loved last week but I hope that can be sustained and the show continues being that thoughtful.

• Members

The last week and a half or so have been so amazing on OLTL that I just hope they can even kind of sustain it during this short week. The fallout from the hideous "tarty" s/l has been amazing. I wonder if there's any plans in the works to bring back Marty's "dead" husband Patrick. It seemed for a while that there were rumblings of that. Anything would be better than putting her with John. . . so boring. It might be interesting . . . if in her amesiac state, that Marty returned to her promsicuous ways . . .would be a nod to history and not out of character. I just hope the good writing and acting continues.

• Members

I finally caught up a week and a half on a Sunday afternoon LOL.

There was more drama, definitely. And I do love how much better Bree is in her scenes, as I've always liked her as a distraught Jessica than a demented gloating Tess (although a distraught, imprisoned Tess was great last Thursday and Friday). I wish Ron had incorporated her motive more, and thus her humanity more, in her scenes with Natalie and Jared. Back when she was completely one-dimensional.

I also love love love how Ron decided to show Todd's reaction to this. That was pretty genius. I like to sympathize with crazy people. It not only fleshes them out but makes great television.

The only thing is, I don't see where Marty can go from here. She's not interesting at all, even with the possible storyline of finding her memory and joshua's supposition that Patrick isn't really dead. (Wasn't that Thorsten Kaye in the picture shown on Friday?) I wish she'd leave the canvas already. She has nothing to offer. And as much better an actress Susan is to Christine, I'm really annoyed at the guttural sounds she's made since she found out the truth. I suppose it was purposeful but dang it, it was really gross.

I don't see the drama in John as a civilian. We all know he'll be right back where he started a few months from now and any PI work he'll probably do as a rogue cop doesn't seem that interesting.

I wanna see Vicki face Todd. That's pretty overdue.

• Members

I enjoy how the show is building a backbone with it's young characters while shifting the focus back on the vets. They seem to positioning Rex and Brody to end up as tight friends, which is needed for Rex considering he and Michael (both actors) have never had that best bud chemistry. I also enjoy that we'll likely be seeing a square of Gigi/Rex/Brody/Jessica. Keep those four away from Natalie/Jared and the whole of the Vegas and RC is doing his job as far as I'm concerned.

I think John could be more interesting not as a cop for awhile, struggling to decide between Marty and Blair. I hope they eventually pair him with Blair but in the same breath I really don't care either way considering I find John a bore 90% of the time.

• Members

I really don't mind the triangle stuff, but days like today where we have one woman sitting around talking about John and another woman sitting around talking to John and it's all about John bore me to tears. I hope I didn't miss much because after the second segment I flipped the channel. The story isn't even that different.

I am really looking forward to MORE interaction with Rex/Gigi and Jared and Natalie. It just makes so much sense given the great sibling vibe with Rex and Natalie.

Archived