GL: October Discussion

• Members

First of all, this "photo book" is the most amazing mock I have ever seen! Awesome work!

I saw a Spaulding-Lewis boardroom scene recently with Bill and Billy. I knew it was the boardroom, because this LCD panel in behind of Bill kept flashing "Spaulding-Lewis". Bill and Billy were tight in the corner...it was clear the set was only a "corner". So, Bill and Billy had to stand the whole time (with that flashing LCD behind them)...which was kind of odd. Except Billy is now rather...large. So he couldn't fit in the corner and be squeezed into the same shot as Bill. So, the two of them are standing ridiculously close, elbow to elbow, facing kind of forward (not really at each other) trying to fit into this bloody tight corner. It was...gasp-inducing. I cannot believe this was scenically the best way to go. They should have just built one large, luxurious umbrella set (like Y&R had Newman Enterprises for a while, or the Forresters have Eric's Office or the Living Room), and just contrived to have all scenes done there. I know fans would have growned, but a single rich and beautiful set with lots of alcoves (think Y&R's Restless Style office) could have worked just fine.

Pastoral...pastural...quip of the day!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All of this just makes me weep. :(:(:( How degrading. What a slap in the face for everyone that has ever loved this show.

Why don't they just put it out of it's misery already? How can anyone at GL, P&G, TeleNext or CBS allow this farce to continue? EW has just solidifed herself as the worst.exectutive."producer".ever.

• Members

RoseVioletDaisy recaps the show so you don't have to. I bow down to your superior snark, RVD!

I... there are no words for those so-called sets. Even public access has some pride.

Gina Tognoni is such a star, though! Even in those stills. She needs to fire whoever told her "banana" was the way to go as a hair color, however.

You know. I never thought I'd say this, but flea-bitten Grody looks better WITH the pube-like stubble. It hid a multitude of sins, namely the no-lips and that chin. On the upside, the actor does have nice arms.

• Members

"I... there are no words for those so-called sets. Even public access has some pride."

Cat, with you and RVD the snark on the show is more fun then the show itself.

Doesnt the show have a conference room? Doesnt someone at P & G and/Telewhatever have a board room they can film in?

"You know. I never thought I'd say this, but flea-bitten Grody looks better WITH the pube-like stubble. It hid a multitude of sins, namely the no-lips and that chin. On the upside, the actor does have nice arms."

I personally think they should just put a bag over Grady's face,(or just Liv or Reva's ginormous bras) and then the newly lesbianic Liv can put on a strap on to him and finally get her rapist revenge..."Shut up Bitch, your mine..how does it feel to be pushed around little man...ah geez, your so ugly your a two bagger! I am now off to see how Jeffie feels to get it when he doesnt want it"

• Members

Yesterday at the Spaulding mansion before the kidnappers contacted Bill, Vanessa suggested that they use WSPR and go on the air to tell the kidnappers that they'll give them whatever they want if they just return Lizzie safely. Alan thought it's too dangerous but Bill thought it's worth a try. Billy thinks it's time to call the police, you can't let the crazies run the show here. Does anyone else think that Billy wasn't talking about the kidnappers? ;)

10-1629.jpg10-1630.jpg

Everytime Dinah shows up at WSPR, Grady tries to maul her like a wild dingo, again. Is it just me or does she look absolutely disgusted by him 99.9% of the time?

10-147.jpg10-1624.jpg

10-1432.jpg10-1433.jpg

Today was the big ransom drop.

Bill goes into the forest with the money. WTH is up with that hat though?

10-16222.jpg10-16223.jpg

Grady steps out from behind the bushes in a black ski suit and mask but it's still obviously him and his fake accent/voice are even more obvious. I know he's not wearing Lizzie's bra at the moment, but seriously Bill, how can you NOT know it's him?

10-16226.jpg10-16225.jpg

Before going to see Bill, DingoBoy had to rough up Lizzie because she had the audacity to try to escape. I guess Wheeler's under the impression that 12-25 year old females are attracted to psychotic, cross dressing idiots who abuse women for cash. :rolleyes:

10-16106.jpg

10-16134.jpg10-16135.jpg

• Members

Thank you RVD...I don't have to sit through this swill but I can still laugh at it.

Are they making Dinah look disgusted or is that the actresses reaction to the material and her costar?

Dinah looks like she could kick Grady's ass (and that she wants to.) He is seriously one of the most laughable thugs on soaps since Danny and his cousin were roughing up people for Cassie.

Why didn't Bill just grab the idiot (wouldnt he have attracted attention running around Peapack, I mean SF in a face mask and ski jacket in October in the midwest??) Seriously, are they trying to make Grady really, really unsympathetic...even Jon didnt go this far.

Cosgrove is looking sexier as he gets older....(sorry, I had to find something good about this [!@#$%^&*].)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I guess nobody's really feeling the love for GL right now then?

This show is horrible. Having Grady kidnap Lizzie was bad enough, but Lizzie has the man lying down in a hole unable to get up and instead of going to the police and being like "THIS MAN HAS BEEN KEEPING ME CAPTIVE!" she lifts him out of the hole without even seeing his face, only for Cyrus (WTF? Where did that come from?) put a pillowcase over her head and drag her way to being kept captive all over again...and then Dinah, instead of setting Lizzie free, leaves a cellphone by her side and runs away? This actually makes no sense at all.

And seriously, would it KILL them to have more than one story featured prominently each episode? I thought this new production model would make it easier for them to build that sense of community and having different stories intersect, but it just seems like instead storylines are becoming more and more isolated from each other.

• Members

I REALLY want to say something positive for a change............yes, Daniel Cosgrove keeps looking better as time goes on. And I give most of the actors kudos for trying to make this garbage work. They really are troupers. Also, I just watched bits of Tuesday's show and it was good to see Maeve Kinkead. It's always a pleasure to see her on the show.

Archived