Y&R: Week of August 04, 2008

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You got that right! I am totally good with "cold b*tch". Let's hope this goes somewhere!

I was reminded today that Lily WATCHED her mother "die". I'm starting to 'get' why CKLily-detractors feel there is not enough darkness and cynicism in the character. Maybe if the writing took her there....

Previews:

Ewwwwwww.

• Members

Thanks Sylph!

Topic change: The specific and detailed discussion today about exactly how Dru died seemed....out of place. Yes, I know Sabrina's death brought it up. Yes, I know it was meant to forge a bond between Neil and Tyra. But those DETAILS..."over a cliff" and all...

I feel in my bones Victoria Rowell is headed back, and I continue to just intuit that the France remote will play into it. Am I totally nuts?

Many of us intuited Nikki's movement back to addiction the SECOND morphine was mentioned...and here we have her saying the Serenity Prayer today. In that context, I'm thinking this Neil/Tyra scene was too obvious a setup for the return of Dru.

• Members

I'm wondering why would they bring back Peeples AND add Tyra to the cast to prepare us for Dru's return? It doesn't make much sense. Even if Rowell was coming back, I don't think they'd be able to hide it from us (but since they still aren't shooting those scenes, maybe something fishy is going on).

• Members

It won't happen, it's pretty obvious that they want Daniel and Amber in one another's orbit for a long time. Colleen will never get a storyline of her own, I think Maria and especially Griffith know how unpopular her casting is with outspoken fans, so they keep her as a background character (I don't know why, they should be getting rid of all the dead weight they can).

• Members

Daniel and Amber have a lot of chemistry together. Sursok-Colleen doesn't have chemistry with anyone (meanwhile, Adrianne Leon and Eyal Podell were great together, IMO). Why do they put her through that much trouble to hide her accent when they can simply hire someone that can concentrate more on acting?

• Members

Why do they keep her at all? Colleen hasn't gotten a real storyline in a year and a half, she's treated like a day player. They don't want to write for her, yet the keep the character? They need to send Colleen back to New York to live with Traci. I know Colleen's an Abbott, but she's one that can stand to be off canvas.

• Members

JT is similarly criminally under-used.

One-time bad boy JT must be getting bored with all this bliss.

Time for him to do a little sinning with Colleen :). Possibly played by someone else...though I'd love to see TS given a chance to TRY to find something in her character.

They could give her a tumor or a head injury (it happens) that makes her start talking like an Australian....

Archived