EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, I loved that scene. I like all Zainab comedy scenes, or most of them. And Masood comedy scenes are good, although his dramatic work this week has blown me away. I think they're probably the show's two best actors at playing both comedy and drama. It seems effortless for both of them.

I will have to watch that Masood/Christian scene again; Masood's part of it was brilliant. He would say very benign words to Christian, yet the intonation was pure venom.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That party was odd, wasn't it. I had no idea that Darren, Libby, and Adam had become so close. They're all generally so dull together that I think people would yawn if they announced they had entered a polygamous relationship.

Nitin and Nina were just unbelievable in those scenes with Syed. I especially loved those scenes where Syed tried to let Masood know that Zainab had been lying for months, and she just casually brushed it aside by making Masood think Syed was calling him the hypocrite.

Syed has done the weepy eyes and gonna cry faces so many times that I actually laughed when he did them again after he burst into the kitchen. He was his usual pampered, poor me self when Masood was trying to talk sense to him. Then that hilarious line to Christian, that Christian could be his "special private person." I'm glad Amira knows but I'm sorry she had to become a moron these last few days.

The "teens", I just skipped everything they were involved in. It makes the episodes much shorter.

• Members

This episode should have been much better than it was. I wonder if they had no plans to reveal the secret until Preeya announced she was quitting. Even for a "reveal" episode, this was a lot of repeat. Yet again Christian degrades himself for Syed, Syed whines and does his usual boo-hoo routine and runs off. It was disgusting how Syed sees himself as such a martyr and such an object of pity. It sucks that as a gay man I can't even feel anything but contempt for the gay men in this story. There is no love here, and I hope the show will not have them get together. I guess Christian was supposed to be the heavy here but I thought Syed was much worse.

The acting from Syed and Christian has also gotten worse and worse. They both seem like they are in a bad "woman's picture" from 1943. The miscasting of Syed and the decision to pair him with Christian because Christian was the only other gay character on the show were mistakes.

I don't believe that Tamwar would call Syed "brave." Syed isn't brave and Tamwar loved Amira, he would have hated seeing her hurt. They just forced that line on him because they didn't want everyone in the family to hate him.

The Julia's Theme was much better this time than with Bradley's dud of a funeral episode. This one fit the exit and was moving, instead of "insert LOUD music here, FEEL SAD NOW" like with Bradley. I will miss Amira.

Stupid and embarrassing comic relief with the boozing. They seem to have no idea what to do with Bianca now.

Lucas turning crazy over Chelsea's abortion talk, and Chelsea being so disturbed -- much better scene than I would have thought.

Nitin interview. Even he doesn't get some of their stories. I love his small little comments on Treadwell-Collins and Santer...

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/interviews/a216643/nitin-ganatra-masood-ahmed-eastenders.html

• Members

I'm really going to miss Amira and Chelsea's friendship, and now Chelsea is the only one that knows Amira is leaving pregnant.

But, surely, Denise will know too since Chelsea told her about her and Amira taking pregnancy tests that day, and given that Zainab and Denise are freneimes...

I really loved Amira's goodbye scene with Julia's Theme. LOL!

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

He also said that the changes had been made for the better! And he takes a dig at Treadwell-Collins. I :wub: Nitin AND Masood.

The Revealed is good. The Chryed stuff is forced and once again the writers come on to try to shove a story at people without bothering to ever tell it onscreen, but there are some other strong moments, like talking about the show's first gay couple, Barry and Colin. They also have a montage of gay characters over the years, although it just reinforces how poorly EE has handled gay characters for most of the last 10+ years.

Seeing how the Masoods act in real life was fun.