OLTL: 40th Anniversary celebrated on Soapnet?

• Members

SoapNet has never to my knowledge given OLTL a truly history spanning marathon like AMC and Gh have (kinda) gotten (still not enough). I don't mean character based ones that focu on a character who's less than a decade old...

Is there anyway we could convince Soapnet for OLTL's 40th to give it a TRUE, worthy marathon of classic episodes? or ANYTHING?

I know ABC's press is at least publishing ONE book (The OLTL Trivia Book similar to the ones for AMC and GH that came out around 99 I think...) http://www.amazon.com/Life-Anniversary-Tri...5628&sr=1-2

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt SOAPnet even cares that OLTL is turning 40. If they do, though, and they show this spectacular marathon, I'd be pissed because I don't have SOAPnet, lol.

As a matter of fact, it's a good three years later and I'm still pissed I couldn't see that I Love Lucci marathon. Based on episode selection, that was probably the best marathon they ever did!

• Members

Anyone else getting the impression Soapnet wants to get far, far away from daytime soap operas?

I think Sara Bibel was on to something when she said the people in charge have a negative view of the very shows they produce.

• Members

Thanks to a very kind person I have both the Tad the Cad marathon and the even better I Love Lucci ones on DVD-R (I don't get Soapnet either). Those plus the earlier Weddings one (which included the great tom and Erica wedding from 78) are why I say AMC has done decently comparedd to OLTL though I'd still like more. Yeah the Lucci one was brilliant

Cheap Soiapnet did air two old Angie and Jesse eps for their return (and some lame Greenlee eps)... but yeah... :(

• Members

i like the soapnet marathons. the days decathalon one was good. the i :wub: erica one. loved the chasen jason, robin schorbio, and sonnylicious ones as well. tad the cad. the babyswitch. then the sami brady one, all the wedding ones.. but we all know what the best one was ... brenda brenda brenda!

is Jess/Tess the only full OLTL one?

• Members

ANd way back when SoapNEt was brand new the weddings marathon--I have no idea if it was all AMC or all the soaps I just knwo the youtube episodes of Tom and Erica's wedding and I think Erica and Dimitri's? were from a SoapNEt wedding marathon (OTOH I love Lucci's Erica marathon chose to show the start of TOm and Erica's breakup--the brith control episode instead of the wedding)

It's a shame--an all Dorian marathon (though I guess they'd only pick RObin episodes) or all Tracey Quartermaine--they could even show The City--would be fab

Archived