GL: Week of April 14th

• Members

I didnt see a thread so I thought I'd just create one.

Are they really testing Cyrus/Cassie? After totally obliterating the character of Harley to make Harley/Cyrus work? Not to mention subjecting us to Josh/Cassie at the expense of making Reva look like a jealous idiot? Ugh! This makes no sense.

Also, this whole Ashlee surgery storyline seems very rushed. It was only, like, last week that we saw her feel a little depressed when a salesperson told her that their shop dont go up as high as her size, and now she's getting surgery? I applaud GL for trying to tell a socially conscious storyline, but they should take their time with it. Everything on this show just feels rushed right now, there's no suspense or build up, and therefore no climax.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see David's throwing darts at the dartboard again. You broke up Marina/Cyrus for THIS??

I am losing patience with David Kreizman. I still think GL's in better shape than Passanante's house of horrors on ATWT, but a word to the wise: Pick couples and stick with them.

• Members

Exactly. They had a good, young couple that they actually spent time building towards, who waited more than six months to have sex for the first time, and he was willing to die to save her from a kidnapper. Good stuff. But in the blink of an eye and with no explanation or anything, they had him acting like he feels nothing for her, he's schtumping her own aunt in the back of a parked car, he's committing petty crimes with the aunt's daughter, and is screwing the aunt's best friend in an abandoned barn?! What?! I mean, what?!

What the heck was the point? It was obvious from their first scene together back in September that Harley and Cyrus didn't have an ounce of chemistry between them. If they'd planned a pairing, they should've nixed it right there when it became clear that there was nothing there to work with and most fans didn't like the idea. But, instead, they kept pushing and the harder they've pushed it, the worse it's got, and the more people hated it. Maybe, hopefully, this is a sign that Wheeler has finally learned how to take a hint and is ending both miserable pairings. Even though they have far more chemistry together than either has in their current pairing, scotchtaping Cyrus and Cassie together isn't the answer. I don't think there's anything interesting here, certainly nothing long term.

• Members

Marina and Cyrus were awful and I am glad that they broke them up. The Marina character is just to immature, pathetic and whiny and Cyrus is just slimy and disgusting.

If they want to put Marina and Cyrus back together hopefully they will run off to Australia together.

• Members

It's idiotic. Cassie and Cyrus are horrible together - although I like that it could possibly mean the end to both of their respective relationships. Those aren't working either. The character of Cassie is overwrought and should be written out for a good year before returning (if then). Cyrus was interesting when playing a foil to Dinah/Mallet, but has since went way off course. They should either get him back to his bad-boy roots or let the INS deport his ass.

ICAM. EW/DK have no idea what PACING means. They have proven that they are completely incompetent at telling a good, compelling story. It's either way too slow (Reva's cancer) or is told way too fast (most every other story). Look at Daisy's abortion story. It was told in what, 3 days? There have been no real long-term ramifications because of it, the character has not grown or changed in any measurable way and so what was the point? Stories like the abortion story and this one with Ashlee should be told with more care. We should have SEEN Ashlee going to counseling, or reading articles about weight loss surgery, or talking to her friends about what she's going through. We saw nothing. Nada. And actually, in this week's SOW there is an article on this with EW's response to "rushing" the story as "JUST BECAUSE WE DIDN'T SEE ASHLEE ON-SCREEN CONTEMPLATING HER DECISION DOESN'T MEAN IT DIDN'T HAPPEN"!!! :o Doesn't she realize that unless the viewers go through things like this with the character ON-SCREEN, that it makes us care about them? Or get interested in the story? She's an idiot.

I haven't been watching much lately. I'm still not feeling the whole "new format" experiment. It's taken away from the stories, IMO and it's hard to feel connected to even my favorite characters on the show like Reva, Olivia and Dinah. With the Ashlee story, I'm sure she will be up and walking around in a day and within a week, it will all be history.

• Members

I have plenty of friends of mine that are rock musicians and we party like crazy, but it's like whenever I watch the show, I feel like I'm at one of their warm-up band rehearsals. You know, the warm-up rehearsals where they sound shitty on purpose and they're deliberately trying to get on your nerves and when they do get on your nerves, they look at you and laugh because they think it's funny? Yeah... that's what watching Guiding Light is like with their new contract band Vesto Varro.

• Members

I hope that the Cassie/Cyrus thing really makes Harley look at how stupid she was....she wanted Cyrus sooo bad, even though the fool quickly married Alexis, while diddling with Marina, then turned around and started sniffing her out....Maybe now both Harley and Marina both can wash their hands of Cyrus and focus on other things than that of a man that's words don't hold up under water.....

Josh needs to be back with Reva, I have to agree...The relationship with he and Cassie was sweet, till they got married....besides, I'm not a Cassie fan, so I say Cassie and Cyrus deserve each other.

• Members

Umm... so where exactly were our GL spoilers for this week, Vee? :lol: You only graced us with your DAYS preVUE's. :P I'm just kidding. If the show sucks, then I certainly wouldn't want to do previews for it either. I'm surprised that you were able to stomach it for as long as you did.

Archived