We should hear about DAYS next week

• Members

NBC to Unveil 2008-09 Plan Six Weeks Early

NBC will be announcing its annual 2008-2009 programming schedule next week, a full month and a half ahead of the other networks. It's the earliest upfronts presentation ever for the company, and bucks the traditional timetable of the annual meetings, says the Reporter.

The Peacock will also be presenting its schedule in the style of a news conference, further deviating from the week-long, lavish events that were typical in the days of (pre-strike) yore. The revised announcement style is part of a 52-week programming approach that will rely on the press conference and exec-advertiser one-on-ones across the country.

While there have been murmurings about the ways in which networks are revising their modi operandi, NBC's announcement is yet another illustration of the industry's evolution. Is this a good thing for television? How will it translate, if at all, into what we'll be watching in the year to come? — Anna Dimond

This was @ TVGuide.com. I'm sure we will finally get some resolution about Days and Passions.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if they will talk about daytime at all next week at their upfronts since those are mostly geared towards Primetime but who knows.

Sorry to break it to everyone but I think Passions is done especially since they complete filming on Friday and we would of heard if it got picked up.

• Members

Actually, NBC is doing a 52-week season in the coming year. INstead of releasing all their new shows in the fall, they're going to be doing them throughout the year (kinda like mid-season replacements, but on a more regular basis)

They're the first major network to follow the precedent set by HBO/Showtime/FX.

Archived