ATWT: Does the show seem faster paced these days?

• Members

Even with the writer's strike resolved has anybody noticed that ATWT seems to be moving at a faster pace than when JP was headwriting the show before the strike? Dusty's murder story was wrapped up rather quick.Now with Sam being murdered it looks like that story is getting ready to wrap up about who really killed him,too.Then you got characters popping across town at lightning speed.It's like they are there in 5 seconds with no traffic jam.If JP's material was airing right now ,the pace would be painfully slower for sure.If JP wrote at the pace of Hogan Sheffer or the scab writers maybe we viewers would almost not notice how bad the show really is.At least with Sheffer if the story was a clunker it would be over soon on ATWT.Sheffer had too much interference I think over at DAYS because Sheffer does not typically drag his stories.It is like if you missed a day you missed a lot.If Sheffer can't get back on ATWT maybe he could write for AMC or OLTL since they are NYC based soaps.I think he could make OLTL almost as watchable as ATWT was when he was headwriting the show.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not faster paced. It just sucks. :lol:

Naw, but really, I think the shorter scenes have made the show seem to move along quicker. However, I kinda like the old approach better. Gives characters more time to express their emotions and possibly persuade the viewer to see the rationale in their actions.

• Members

I think it's possible that the pace has quickened. But that's in regard to moving the scenes along swiftly. Gone are the days of staying in one location having predictable conversations for a whole episode. That approach makes the storylines seem longer, though. If you can literally walk out of Al's into Emma's kitchen, why does it take so long for Meg to kick Paul to the curb?

Archived