Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Members

Obama stated on Anderson cooper, "that if he had heard what the pastor wright said about 9/11, he would of left the church."

I have a problem with that, because the topic of 9/11c was very [NAME NOT ALLOWED] at the time and now wouldn't he have found out from other congregation members or the pastor himself what he said. Its really hard to believe that BO didn't know where pastor wright stood on this issue.imo

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also I was watching GMA this morning an apparently obama knew how controversial and fiery his preacher was and told him he couldn't speak at his rally when he announced his candidacy for the president of the united states. The republican have all the ammo they need to tear him apart now. Like I said before it really hard to believe that obama didn't know about those statements, its possible that he didn't know but still I don't know if I buy it. I think he does need to go a step further and tear up his membership with the church. Wrights statements about hillary, condemning america, and american's being responsible for 9/11 are ridiculous. I go to a black church and my pastor does talk about social issues, but never are they as extreme and ridiculous as pastor wrights comments. For those who believe this is an attack on black churches I don't believe that, Wrights comments are his own and don't represent the black churches.

• Members

Of course not. There are quite a few outstanding black churches in Oakland where the churchgoers are down to Earth, upstanding, and very nice people. They also practice what they preach in regards to religion and are not acting like pseudo Christians the way the Christian Taliban or the Christian Right do.

• Members

That speech was a crock. Obama did everything except grovel. He can talk about race until this time next year, but he still won't ask why he has to do more apologizing for a supporter's remarks than Clinton and McCain have for theirs put together. It's probably that "luck" in being born black.

• Members

And that is your opinion to feel it was a crock. I don't. I thought it was wonderful, which means.....

We will have to agree to disagree.

If he acted like you wanted him to.......he wouldn't have to worry about the nomination. Becuasehe wouldn't get it.

• Members

:rolleyes: Well, you just want to talk about what must be done to win - screw the integrity of the victory. I'd rather focus on the implications of Obama's words. This whole stunt was supposedly about addressing issues of race, but he wouldn't have done it if not for his pastor. For that reason, the speech was useless, because Jeremiah Wright isn't getting press for making racist statements. Obama said himself that he never heard the guy do such a thing. Connecting terrorist attacks we suffer to our foreign policies is neither inflammatory or unpatriotic. Saying that Hillary Clinton was never labeled with the n word is not problematic. Yet the media has focused on these ideas alone, and somehow they necessitate a reprimand of black churches, the civil rights generation, and anyone vocal about injustice. I don't need anybody drawing conclusions based on history to explain one man's comments. They wouldn't need to be said if they weren't applicable here and now.

• Members

IMO, I think ya'll are arguing a moot point. I understand your point stenbeck and agree with you to a certain extent (as I do with Roman as well). Why is it that Obama is always having to come out and apologize for things his supporters say. Him "denouncing" them isn't enough, people want...no they DEMAND an apology....yet we can't get the same from McCain and/or the Clinton camp. It is a double standard but unfortunately, that's the way things are.

People are genuinely upset over the comments, and feel he should have said something. I loved his speech, I think it was a damn good one and made a lot of good points.

Do I have that right stenbeck? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Members

Of course you have the right to your point of view, Ryan. Why wouldn't you? I'm not in the business of denying that to anyone, and I certainly reject the notion that one must be forced to agree. My source of frustration is conclusions with no reasoning to back them up.

Obama made the rounds on cable news outlets to squash this "scandal" before today, and yet that wasn't enough. He apparently must get on his knees and submit to the "outrage" more than any other candidate.

Archived