DAYS: Friday, Sept. 7

• Members

I personally am glad they let us in on the plan. It's not like I would have believed Stefano died anyway, no matter how hard they tried to make it look like some shocking surprise. Pretty much the only way I could be shocked by a Stefano death would be the Bradys planned something like what happened today but at the last second Steve used a real knife to kill Stefano instead of continuing with the fake death plan.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Steve is ticked (and damn straight he should be considering the Dimeras stole 16 years of his life and made them their "soldier"), I have NO problem with all of it being directed at those who purposefully and heartlessly did evil to him and those he love.

For me, I just dig back a little bit in my memory and think of those scenes with EJ patting Steve on the head like a dog, threatening Kayla and Stephanie if Steve did not "comply", gloating over Kayla after he put her in the hospital following her Italy trip and ordering the suffering Steve endured with the electroshock torture in May for not being EJ's perfect lap dog. Then I get a certain sense of glee for Steve getting a chance to finally stick it back to them. And if part of sticking it to them involves some twisting of the knife and making EJ feel really bad and being totally inconsiderate of EJ's feelings - Somehow, I feel *really* OK with that :P

Seriously, it was painful this summer to have Steve just sitting around rather than taking some action against the Dimeras. lol It made *me* feel antsy.

That said, I love any EJ and Steve scene where they can play off of each other - James and Stephen work well together and they can really bring it. Seedy Mexican bar, anyone?

• Members

Ives. I feel exactly the same way.

I am more of an EJ fan than Steve fan but I loved the way this came full circle with Steve having the chance to give it back to the DiMeras as good as he got it being hurt by them. I'm all for as many EJ-Steve confrontations as possible. Even if these two characters have some secret offscreen history, it is still history that can be mined and explored in future storylines and honestly SN and JS are my favorite actors on the show right now the way they are so versatile in keeping me on the edge of my seat during the intense scenes or LMAO during the comedic moments their characters have. And I'm still mad as hell that we got no sort of emotional payoff or acknowledgment of the irony of Steve being the one to rescue EJ when the gun went off when EJ was tied to the bed. I just know that EJ and Steve going head to head again on Monday per the previews will be the highlight of that episode for me.

• Members

It would have been good, but really I am not sure how fans would take it if it was revealed afterwards. I mean, the scenes seemed much more powerful with us knowing, but having this all be set up onscreen I think was better because I could just hear alot of fans complaining about it if it wasn't revealed until after it happened.....

• Members

Steve is certifiable. I really loathe him this time around and so sad that he was brought back. Kayla, too. Talk about Ed Scott putting a bug into Bryan's ear about toning down Lucas and making him real, he surely needs to muzzle Steve.

The best part of Friday's show was the twist with Rawlings and his angels. I loved the thrill of the unexpected and it was played so well. Great job on all counts.

• Members

Not me! I'm delighted Steve and Kayla are back!

It made perfect sense for Steve to be the one to help fake Stefano's death and it worked out beautifully.

It's cool to see that it looked real...The blood on Stefano's clothes.

Same with Jett's situation. It looked more real than it usually does. There was actually some drama.

And Rawling's Angels? A TWIST? Something we wouldn't EXPECT to happen? Something we couldn't have predicted??

Wow!

Good stuff!

• Members

FANTASTIC!!

The Stefano scenes were great. Good acting all around, especially JS's breakdown and final scene with Tony. Loved Tony's reaction to Stefano when they locked eyes as he drugged him. SN was great and Steve doing this was perfect based on what he went through.

Sami and Lucas was well done. I can't say enough how much Ed has helped Bryan. Huge difference.

The "Angels" twist was great. That wasn't even in spoilers. Kudos...

The plane scenes and shooting scenes were well done. Good direction and acting, except for MP. I am glad they showed alot of blood though. Worked well.

A great week ended with a great Friday episode. Oh, and since I didn't comment on Thursday's, props th Kathryn Foster and Ed Scott because I now love SANTEEN. Those love scenes were brilliant and so was everything about the execution of their story.

Archived