Y&R Discussion: Week of July 2

• Members

Thanks for brining that up.

I was watching this as my third Y&R episode this week after a month-long hiatus which I will urgently put up again untill drastic changes for the better are made.

Y&R has become so primitive and dumb. I don't want to offend anyone who's still enjoying the show masquerading as Y&R but I personally felt simply offended by so much nonsense.

William is now unable to speak and strapped so Glo's misdeeds remain uncovered. Gag, soap opera cliché No. 1305(, next to soap opera cliché No. 12 with Nick coming back from the dead...)

I didn't like this kind of story back in 2004 on B&B where it even was done semi-right and served a purpose with getting Joe Mascolo shut up and Sean Kanan taunting him evily but this is just bad.

Same goes for Kevin checking himself in hospital with help of an accident!? Then he demands from Glo to bring him his gun - this is just supid, especially when the dialogue is awful.

Michael throwing a royal hissy in the hospital was equally badly done.

Daniel seeing a psychiatrist was okay but it seems even the funding for the set designers were reduced drastically to pay for all those pointless newbies. Y&R used to have lush sets but the new ones luck just cheap and ABC-worthy.

Speaking of which: What are the hairstylists doing to Adrienne Leon??? She is such a pretty girl but that piece of filthy hair they're giving her looks hideous! Now wonder she was fired...

Finally to the reason why even bothered watching: Brooke. Isn't it lovely when you have writer with zero ties to either show and who don't even bother to do some research...

Cane going to Lauren and getting some pseudo story about Amber & Brooke instead of a reference for sth. that actually took place in L.A. Then, Cane calling Brooke and she is simply telling him "Amber has a bad history". This phrse was repeated ad nausium, yet no one backed it up with a real story or facts what Amber DID on B&B.

Shesh, what was the prupose then of bringing KKL in if the writers don't know anything worthwhile o get out of it?

Y&R is just a pathetic excuse of filling airtime, I'm sorry. The show sucks, not just in comparision of what it once was but as a serial in general.

The only thing I really liked was seeing Jana - the actress is really one of the few bright spots on this mess and can overcome the horrendous overall quality.

As for the usual debate: Sharon Case makes Josh Morrow so much more bearble whereas he has been taking down Michelle Stafford. However, this reunion of Nick & Sharon is much too soon and will only lead to 'Ridge&Brooke-ramifications' of endless back and forth...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The one thing about Nick and Sharon possibly getting back together is that it's going to piss Brad off royally. That is almost worth the price of going back to a couple that desperately needed breaking up around the time Brad and Phyllis came along. Sharon really came out ahead when she married Jack. She got out of a marriage that had been going wrong for awhile and she didn't end up with Brad.

Right now, I think Bard still believes he can get Sharon to leave Jack for him, so if she does it for Nick, I'm going to be LMAO. It's a fool's move though. You just know that Nick will get his memory back just when Sharon starts to feel secure with him again.

Sheilaforever- Thank you so much for putting the nightmare scenario of Phyllis/Nick/Sharon turning into Nick/Brooke/Ridge into the universe. :lol:

Archived