Mary Beth Evans to ATWT exec: "I made a mistake"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very unexpected. I mean, given the state of things at ATWT (though they seem to improving slightly), could she expect any better as Sierra? And on top of that, she's promoting Soap Star for 'DAYS'. Ouch.

Can't help but wonder if S/K won't last their contracts. Sad.

• Members

It was a slam against the show she is currently contracted to.

She's like, "I wish I were on the East Coast with you guys getting Emmys. Instead I'm in LA on this crapfest show that is teetering on the brink of cancellation."

If you tell your old employer you made a mistake in switching jobs, that means you want your old job back.

• Members

The Record is the local Kitchener-Waterloo newspaper (in Ontario, Canada) and isn't a gossip page. This was a fan's report of the event, and she overheard it. So unless she is outright lying, I believe it.

• Members

I find this hard to believe considering she was recurring at ATWT and had to commute to NY for taping. And even though S&K's story has sucked, she's still received decent airtime and gets to work with a close friend in SN. It's possible she mentioned missing her ATWT co-stars and this person twisted her words.

• Members

I'm with Ponz. Mary Beth has talked before about how much she hated having to commute for ATWT and be away from her family. She loved the show, just not the fact it was in NY.

That, combined with the fact that it simply isn't in Mary Beth's personality to complain about a show she's on makes me think that this bit of gossip was misheard or taken out of context. It could have been a joking remark, or the context could have completely changed how it was read. We just don't know.

I hate that she's going to get ripped for somethig she may not have even said.

Stephen on Mary Beth, the night before the Emmys: ""I count my blessings every day for Mary Beth because she is just the happiest person on earth. And you know, even if she's not happy, she fakes it. She is just so fun to be around and so uplifting."

Archived