Days:JKJ & Drake articles from SOW

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting.

I think Sheffer is being told to "write Days" and he doesn't intuitively know what that means, so it shows in the quality of the show. JMO. I think he was going somewhere with his storylines and then was stymied by Corday, and what we're seeing now is party if not largely being dictated by Corday. I think Sheffer's not giving interviews 'cause he's had to scrap a lot of his ideas.

• Members

I never really liked John or Drake,but since he woke up he's a little better then usual(not that that says much,but still).In fact I would have enjoyed all of his scenes if Deidre Hall didnt ruin them with her constant gasping for air and moaning.I was watching the Sami/Marlena/Hope scenes And couldnt believe how horrible she is.Kristian Alfonso on the other hand looks really good these days and really is doing a great Job,even if I dont always love Hope.

• Administrator

I don't get where all this Drake hate is coming from. Yeah, you can not like him as an actor, but him personally? What did he ever do? LOL

I didn't see anything wrong in what Drake said. Or I'm I missing something? :huh:

Great interview.

Those JKJ scenes were very good. It was definitely his best since he came back.

• Members

I agree with everything they said about JKJ. So glad they finally stopped writing Phillip (and EJ) as if he had roid rage and are allowing JKJ to do more with the role.

As for Drake... don't really have an opinion on him one way or another (I find John Black almost always entertaining unless Marlena is slobbering on him too much, even if it's only to laugh at the fart smelling and the eyebrow) but this seemed kind of a douchebag-like thing to say:

While I think that the lack of vets is what hurt ratings so much, I think referring to his younger costars as minor leaguers is kinda lame because I don't blame them for the show's ratings and poor quality these months I blame the writers and Sheffer/Corday. Just using that phrase makes me think he is probably jealous of someone (who is younger and better looking than him) getting to be the hero at the center of this Brady-Dimera feud storyline. Hope that's not the case behind the scenes at DOOL, but that's just how it sounds to me.

• Members

That was my gut reaction to his comments too. While I love John Black, I have never fooled myself as to the limits of the perfromances given over the years. IMO, the comments made smacked of bitterness and lowered my opinion of the one who said them. Given that Drake Hogestyn has been front and center on Days for twenty years or so, I would think that he would be aware that eventually the show must move other, younger actors to the front. This is a business for heaven's sake. If Days is to have a future, the show has to build toward that with younger actors. Using both younger actors and veterans in a balanced way is what is most pleasing and makes the most sense. Overinflated egos on display are never very attractive.

Archived