DAYS: Friday, May 25

• Members

I loved today's show.

I agree with you about Tony being dark, but not cartoonish. In fact, I don't think that any of Hogan's villains have been cartoonish thus far. Evil and sadistic? Yes. But until I see magnetized floors and man-made volcanoes again, I certainly can't accuse them of being cartoonish, LoL

Today's scenes with Marlena in John's hospital room could've been just as boring as all the previous scenes we've seen with him (aka 'filler'), but throughout it all you just had a sense that this was going to be different... it was going someplace good. The way the stories are leading, you just feels as though John's going to wake up any minute because you can't imagine the unfolding drama continuing on without John as a major player.

Thank God Belle and Shawn are back in Salem and off that God-forsaken 'Tinda Lau!'

Chelsea and Nick were, as usual, terrific. I just love them. I think I could watch them sleep for the whole episode and I'd be happy, LoL

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fantastic show! And I must say this...Sami and EJ have got more chemistry than any couple on that show right now. The EJ/Sami/Tony scenes were mesmerizing! I was so nervous for Tony's first couple days because I was afraid of how he'd be written, but so far, so good. His dialogue is right on target; I love how he's playing this dark, evil scene and then he comes out with some dry, sarcastic line and I laugh. But back to Sami and EJ--I'm sorry to all the Lumi fans out there but watching Sami and Lucas is like watching best friends; watching Sami and EJ is HOT. There at the end, when she's holding onto him and begging for him to help her and the baby and the look on his face...completely swoonworthy! I'm hooked into this storyline already and it's just getting started.

Chelsea and Nick were cute and adorable as usual, but Chelsea's right--Nick needs to man up and kick Willow to the curb. Once she gets her talons in him, she will never let go. She has no proof Nick stole the hairbrush so who cares what she says; the police have other evidence linking her to the crime and Chelsea could have left that hairbrush at her dad's house when she was visiting. I just have no patience with men who let women manipulate them so easily. Austin was always that way with Sami, and I hated him for it.

Shawn sure doesn't seem very upset about Claire. I can understand Belle's lack of grief because she truly believes Claire is still alive, but I don't get Shawn's lack of emotion. I also think he's given up too quickly. As a parent, knowing there were a lot of private boats helping with the search and that it was widely known that Claire had connections with the Kiriakis family, I would be thinking there was a good possibility that someone had kidnapped her. Especially since the GPS transmitter which they checked and double checked had quit working. Maybe it quit working because someone had turned it off?

Good scenes with Marlena and John. I'm glad she noticed the call button had been knocked to the floor. I also liked that they had him holding onto Belle's hand, instead of her just seeing his hand move. This is a deliberate message from John and a clear signal that he's fighting his way back.

Monday's preview looked so good! I can't wait.

• Members

I'm really enjoying the new side of EJ. No more smug arrogance that made me want to strangle him. No more "Eh" at the end of every sentence.

I FF'ed all of Shawn & Belle together. They're sooooooooo repetitive. I'm glad that Victor is back in the midst of things but I wish all things Claire would just END. This story has been going on for over 6 months now.

I like Chelsea and Nick, but I'm kinda over them. Teen sex stories are the same on all soaps.

• Members

That rape is definitely a huge stumbling block in any future relationship with EJ and Sami, but their chemistry is so strong that I think the writers are going to work hard to try to neutralize it. If EJ turns on his family to protect Sami and the baby, that will go a long way towards redeeming him. Maybe not in real life, but this is a soap and wouldn't be the first time a character has done truly despicable things and down the road was redeemed and turned into a hero.

• Members

Hahahaha. Good point about the lack of magnetized floors and manmade volcanoes. Suddenly torture by tarot doesn't seem quite so bad.

What I love about what they are doing with Tony at least in the first scene of him is showing him having fun being bad. That's why I loved EJ even as he was torturing some of my other favorite characters the past few months. I mean that "happy people of Salem" line was delicious and I love what they did with him coming back not just straight up angry with Sami, but actually coming onto her with that "get your Irish up" line. So great. I seriously squealed out loud when he popped out from behind that curtain to surprise Sami. Yay for Thaao being back.

As for the rape... obviously there will be a huge group of fans and especially fans of Lucas and Sami together that will never be able to get over it and will hate this pairing forever. Just like many fans never got over Lucas and Sami's past history so never supported that couple. I personally don't think I could support it if it was any other couple because I think the storyline possibilities are too interesting to resist exploring them. I also don't think I could support the pairing if it had happened to any character other than Sami who through her pairing with Lucas has shown what a thin line it is for her between love/hate and how she is capable of great forgiveness when it comes to who she loves.

While I do think the whole rape storyline was a huge mistake, I think a bigger mistake is not trying this EJ and Sami thing out because the show doesn't have much to lose at this point with ratings the way they are and I think this is a way to bring new viewers in and keep them as the Brady-Dimera storyline unfolds. The chemistry is just such between EJ and Sami that I can forgive and forget about the rape, just like I can forgive and forget Nick being dumb about Billie and Willow because I love the chemistry and dynamic between Nick-Chelsea.

And yay for John coming back! I only wish Days was doing more promotion of him waking up from the coma because this should be a bigger deal and maybe it would bring in some more John and Marlena fans who tuned out. I mean when they stopped showing John is pretty much when the ratings freefall started, right?

• Members

Yep, Kenny. It's me! I must say though I knew who you were before you mentioned it. Your MarDevil gave it away LOL. But anyway with the lockdown weirdness over there I decided to branch out and check out some of the other soap boards.

• Members

Welcome to SON IMissAremid...:)

I saw Friday's show and it was ok for the most part. The way Tony talked about Sami's baby freaked me out somewhat though.....

Count me in as another person who's tired of the "Claire Storyline"......

• Members

Well, welcome here! It's quite a diverse crowd of soap fans here. It's also a nice place to find out what's happening on the other shows in daytime without having to actually watch the shows, LoL.

You'll also find lots of 90's Days lovers here, just like you and I! :P

Archived