DAYS: "Focus Group" Feedback!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which current character would you watch every day?

Celeste, Kate, Victor, Maggie

Which former character would you most like to come back?

Kristen/Susan/Mary Moria, Vivian

Which storyline are you most likely to fast-forward through?

Steve/Kayla Shawn/Belle/Philip

Which couple would you like to break up?

Steve/Kayla

What was the best episode ever?

Sami's 2002 Weeding in Vegas,

1997 Kristen Reveal,

Salem Stalker episodes before the island.

What was the worst episode ever?

anything in the first half of 2003, Virtual Garden of Eden, Teen stuff from 2001

How many years have you been watching this soap?

On a scale from one to 10, with one being the worst it's ever been and 10 being the best it's ever been, rank your show.

What other soaps do you watch?

Y&R, Passions, B&B

I said I was a girl too.

• Members

Which current character would you watch every day? Maggie Horton

Which former character would you most like to come back? Liz Chandler

Which storyline are you most likely to fast-forward through? I enjoy all of Hogan's stories

Which couple would you like to break up? Shawn & Belle

What was the best episode ever? Stefano pushing Roman I off the cliff, Bo & Roman struggling on the hill, rolling down, until Marlena yells out that he's Bo's brother, Christmas Eve 1994- Belle is returned to Marlena

What was the worst episode ever? Any episode from the last 6-8 months of Captive Island would suffice

How many years have you been watching this soap? 25

On a scale from one to 10, with one being the worst it's ever been and 10 being the best it's ever been, rank your show. 8

What other soaps do you watch? Y&R, ATWT

Please provide a brief explanation for your answers here. mention how happy I am about the returns, especially Anna & Julie, also mention that the show made a major blunder when they didn't pick up Eileen Davidson while she was available and that there will be an obvious hole in the DiMera storyline with Kristen's absence

And then I gave them my sister's name so they actually might pay attention to what I have to say! I see many of you did the same.

• Members

Oddly enough, I think the vast majority of us ended up doing just that. The thing is, because they haven't over-written Maggie like they have so many characters, there are any number of storyline possibilities for the character that can be explored without repeating themselves. She's a gold mine that's just waiting to be tapped. I honestly think if they put Maggie front and center in a hot storyline, ratings would go up. Why? Because viewers from 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 years ago all know Maggie and all like Maggie. She's the type of character that, if given a story, you would stop on while clicking around from other shows and say "Hey there's Maggie- what have they got her doing today?" And if the story is solid, you've hooked that viewer.

But what do I know. I've only watched the creme of the crop soaps for the past 25 years (cough cough, glory periods of SB, DAYS, AW, Y&R, B&B, AMC, & OLTL). Hell, what do any of us know, especially when you put our knowledge on a platter displayed next to Ken Corday's ego.

• Members

Which current character would you watch every day Celeste

Which former character would you most like to come back? Nicole

Which storyline are you most likely to fast-forward through? anything Steve and Kayla

Which couple would you like to break up Steve and Kayla

What was the best episode ever? the one where Sami was executed

the one where Sami was executed every single one from 2003-2006

How many years have you been watching this soap? 9 years

On a scale from one to 10, with one being the worst it's ever been and 10 being the best it's ever been, rank your show. 6

What other soaps do you watch? As The World Turns

Please provide a brief explanation for your answers here Kayla and Steve are so boring and so out of place.

I am loving this new usage of Celeste and the DiMeras, I'd love to see her become a more central character.

The show daily is far superior to where it was with Dena Higley and James E Reilly's runs, but the stories need to have more punch and a quicker pace.

I look forward to the upcoming DiMera stories with Stefano, Tony and Anna returning.

I also signed my name as if I were a woman (Drusilla LOL), so this would be looked at.

• Members

This is what I put as a response...

DAYS Focus Group

What a fabulous opportunity to allow fans to give feedback!

Here are the questions they ask...

Which current character would you watch every day? 1) Marlena Evans 2) Kate Roberts

Which former character would you most like to come back? 1) Kristen (ED only!), 2) Vivian

Which storyline are you most likely to fast-forward through? Kate vs Sami!

Which couple would you like to break up? Sami /Lucas--too lovey dovey!

What was the best episode ever? Wow there were so many good ones Reilly's first run. Sheifer and Sussman has had good ones as well. But for me, the best episodes would be the ones around Jan/Feb 06 when Zack died. Those were excellent episodes and probably the best storyline Reilly wrote during his second run.

What was the worst episode ever? Anything written by Tom Langan!! He was the worst HW EVERRRRRRRR!!! Plus anything involving Melaswen.

How many years have you been watching this soap? 15yrs

On a scale from one to 10, with one being the worst it's ever been and 10 being the best it's ever been, rank your show. currently 7,was 8-10 circa 93-98

What other soaps do you watch? Passions, YR,GL

Please provide a brief explanation for your answers here. II think the show was its best under Reilly's first run. He had storylines that roped you in! Maison Blanche, The Affair (J/M), Carly Buried Alive, Sami/Austin/Carrie saga, Marlena vs Kristen, and The Possession was good tv! I believe that there was a healthy balance of character and plot driven storylines. Yes some of the stories were out there but they were entertaining, suspenseful, dark, gothic, and kept you on the edge of your seat. Even though character driven storylines are good for emmy recognition, I am afraid it won't do much for the ratings. There has to be a healthy balance for the ratings to increase and for people to continue tuning in. Also, NEVER EVER BACKBURN YOUR PRINCIPAL CHARACTERS (Marlena, John, Bo,Hope)! AND PLEASE TOM LANGAN...STOP MEDDLING IN THINGS YOU ARE NOT GOOD AT! You were horrible as a headwriter so stop telling real writers how to write their stories!

Archived