Days: Friday May. 11

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Solid episode - not the best of the week though!

I'm glad Bo finally arrived at Tinda Lau (sp?). I love how he went into action so quick. He knew exactly what to do and remanined postive.

I love how Belle continues to try to make a fool of Phillip - unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed. Is it just me, or did anyone else feel that Claire actually feels way more comfortable with Belle?

The Nick & Chelsea stuff was nice! Someone needs to smack Nick though for letting Willow interfere. Something tells me another serious love triangle is about to develop.

Sami & Lucas were outstanding!!! They have really grown as characters, and I'd like to thik that they will be together for the long-run. But, Sami didn't tell Lucas that she also drugged him and went to kill EJ that night. Lucas straight up asked her if that was everything that she was hiding, and she said yes. BAD MOVE SAMI!

• Members

I'm posting early since I'll be out for the afternoon. Heads up: This post is very spoilerish for those who haven't seen the show.

First, THANK GOD that Bo is now involved with the Islanders. Talk about a breath of fresh air!

Chick were enjoyable today. There story has been far too angsty lately so it was nice to see a return to the cute stuff. I have no interest in a Wick/Chick triangle, though.

But LUMI pretty much owned this episode, IMO.

I've long suspected that Sami's rape was ultimately a vehicle to redeem Lucas. Today was the confirmation. I could kiss Hogan and his scriptwriter because his reaction was pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. I liked that instead of just having him randomly forgive her, they worked his history into the scenes There was acknowledgement that the "old Lucas" would have turned to the bottle instead of facing the problem. And he recognised that his past behavior played into her inability to trust him with the truth. This wasn't just a "payoff" for Sami but significant growth for Lucas as an individual.

I'm ashamed of the man I used to be -- the man who doubted everything and everybody, especially you.

It is my fault, all right? It's my fault. If you didn't have enough faith in the power of love, it's my fault because of what I've done to you and how much I've loved you and left you in the past.

I mean, where the hell do I get off appointing myself your judge and jury?

That last line addresses everything that went wrong with the character (and LUMI) under JER.

It was also a relief that he recognised the rape for what is was rather than seeing it as some kind of betrayal.

Lucas: Who cares? Will you listen to yourself? Rape is rape. It's never the woman's fault.

Last but not least...

You're my best friend. You're my lover. You're my wife. You're my hero, Sami.

That's a part of LUMI's history that often gets overlooked so the mention was a nice touch.

I knew Bryan & Ali would be amazing with these scenes (and they were) but the real surprise was how well they were written. I like to think of today's scenes as being the "unofficial" wedding vows.

So much for Hogan not *getting* LUMI or being incapable of good romance. B)

Archived