Sanjaya's Sister Defends Her Brother

Shawn

• Members

Cheap, I'm gonna defend Shawn on this one. He's not saying that his sister should've never done the interview. Or said what she said. All Shawn is saying is that as a non-Sanjaya fan, he can't even stomach the thought of Sanjaya making it to the final two. It's not that his sister said it. It's not that. It's just that alot of people feel Sanjaya's "talents" are no longer needed on A.I. and are amazed that he's gotten this far. However, alot are starting to debate upchucking their morning meal when it comes to thoughts of Sanaya possibly making it as far as the finals.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you. That's what I meant. Sanjaya even making it THIS far has destroyed the credibility of the show. He knows that, but he doesn't care. He's becoming a cocky little bastard who is becoming William Hung without the talent. Simon has said that he will not be back next year if he makes it as far as the top three. People are going on hunger strikes out of protest. This contest is about TALENT and CHARISMA. Sanjaya has NONE of the above. If he had any class he'd drop out of the competition.

If he makes it past any of the big talents (Lakeisha, Melinda or Jordan) there will be INCREDIBLE backlash. It won't be pretty.

• Members

Simon says that every year. Its no different than Jon Stevens and Chicken Little (I forgot his name) from the past 2 years. About Sanjaya having no tallent or charisma, well the judges have no one to blame but themselves bc not only did they let him go to Hollywood, they let him survive all the following cuts. They created this for the controversy and for the ratings. It happens EVERY year. You'd think they'd learn their lesson but trust and beleive its all been orchestrated behind the scenes. As far as teh credibility of the show being broken, well this is an argument that has been made ever since the first season. Anyone remember Nikki McKibbon? She was the Sanjaya of season 1 and was pitiful yet she made it to final 3 and so many others were eliminated in the aftermath. The biggest controversy there was when Tamyra Gray got booted over her and everyone knows that on her worst day, she was still leagues better than Nikki

Sanjaya has no class bc he hasnt dropped out of hte competition? Why should he? This is a dream of his and if America keeps voting for him, then all I can say is go for it bc this is a once in a lifetime oppurtuntiy and he should go as far as they decide to take him. He does have his fans and it would be an extreme dissapointment and letdown for them to have wasted their time and energy on him if he were to just give up. He cant win either way.

• Members

I so agree and I think his voters are doing him a disservice by keeping him in. Seriously, it's become fun and games for some. This is something that should be taken seriiously. I mean this kid is becoming a joke to the American public and that isn't a good thing. I was feeling bad for him until he started turning arrogant and showing no remorse for what is going on. John Stevens showed remorse. Jasmine Trias too on the night Latoya got voted out. Chicken Little lasted 2 weeks and that was it so can't count him. Just wait until a big name goes. So far the only person everyone was upset about was Gina but once Blake, Lakisha, Melinda, or Jordin goes watch out. The fun and games will be over then. I have said all season that Lakisha will go home early and I kind of hope she does so that the backlash is enough to realize this is a major problem. I mean, this is the worst issue they have had. Sanjaya hasn't even been in the bottom of the top 12 except for the first week. He has a huge fanbase and that worries me. I think the judges need to be more careful of who they let through. I blame them in a way for this because they need to be more aware. Hell, his sister was better then him. I hope they improve that next year.

I also heard Simon say if Sanjaya gets to the top 3 that he wants to introduce a judges veto. I am sure he was joking but that shows you that the judges are getting worried and frustrated.

I understand why she said what she said. It is his sister. I can't help but detect some bitterness though. I remember when she got rejected and sent home she seemed a bit bitter and there is an underlying bitterness here IMO.

Whatever the case, he better go home before the top 4 or else things are going to get ugly. Of course, they will get ugly when a good person goes as well. It should also be noted that Sanjaya is not the only problem. Haley and Phil are as well and I am glad she is gone now. Once Phil and Sanjaya are gone, I am cool with the show.

Archived