British Soap HOLLYOAKS is coming to America!

• Members

All of these new shows on BBCAmerica sounded great at first, but I'm wary of watching all of it because you never know what will get pulled. For example, Footballers Wives: Extra Time was pulled with TWO episodes to go! You mean they couldn't spare one hour in a 24 hour day to air those two half hours? They also pulled Shipwrecked a couple weeks before the end. My favorite BBCA show, Shameless, was dropped after one season.

Oh well, we'll see and hopefully we won't be screwed over. It'll be nice having another soap, although I did want Coronation Street.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When BBC America pulled Footballers Extra Time, was it only season 1 they ran?

They pulled Hex partway into the second year and announced they'd wait another year for "season 2" which is actually just part of season 2.

I would bet Coronation Street costs more than Hollyoaks. I'm also certain they are trying for the younger demographic.

They might also suspect Coronation Street wouldn't pull in the higher numbers they want based on their previous experience with Eastenders.

I'd like Coronation St. but that's why I think they're not jumping for it.

At least at this point the new management is vowing to stop this practice of pulling things in the middle like they've been doing for years.

Archived