B&B Needs a Fix

• Members

Home sick today and watching B&B.

Here are my thoughts:

They are sooo lucky to have Flannery; she holds the show together.

What is BB thinking with the Ashley/Rick pairing. There is no chemistry, nada. And Kyle's hair is awful. Doesn't work; end it now.

Why not pair Ash with Storm; why would they cut W. Devry from the contract cast. He's a sexy man and a very capable actor.

Jack Wagner, woah..no offense but he's not aging well. And he can't ACT! He went to the Ron Moss school for non-actors.

The show just is off balance right now. I can't say I'd tune in regularly unless the sign Betty White to a contract. Then, I'll tune in especially on the days P. Mulcahey writes the scripts.

The rest is crappy right now

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree about Susan Flannery & Betty White.

I don't agree about Rick & Ashley. I think they have some chemistry UNLIKE Rick & little girl Phoebe. The age difference is much more of a problem with Rick-Phoebe and that's ignoring the other issue.

It's good to see a strong Ashley back in action after a long time of a weakened down Ashley.

Then there's the never-ending Ridge-Brooke mess. It keeps going back to the same old same old over & over at the expense of every other character & story on the show. Way back when it wasn't so horrible. Partly because of long-gone Caroline in the mix. Once Caroline was gone the same story has been the same thing repeatedly. I'm sick of it. I wish they'd let Ridge move on and let Brooke go off with someone else like Nick but for real. Not just to jump back into Ridge mode yet again.

The show seems to go back & forth. Some days are better than others. If it's light on Ridge & Brooke it tends to be better. If it's Betty White & Susan Flannery it's excellent. If it's Brooke & Ridge or anything to do with Phoebe then I'd rather watch paint dry. Also it is better when Patrick Mulcahey is writing. That's for sure.

Personally I wish they'd put Ridge & Taylor back together when she showed back up from the dead. Things have been very rocky since then because they didn't....

Then there's Donna Logan. Why did they bring her back and just drop her into the background? Bridget & Felicia are backburnered. Antonio Sabato, Lorenzo Lamas, DeVry, & Mario Lopez written off. Also both of the younger guys who were friends with Phoebe (both FAR more interesting than this Rick-Phoebe mess.) But Phoebe Ridge & Brooke front-burnered with no real story. It's just bizarre.

And why can't they bring Sheila back and fix that mess?

• Members

The show needs to replace Bell with someone who respects the history of the show, doesn't rewrite to suit his needs, and doesn't get a kick out of incest and degrading women. Bell is his own worst enemy. I did what he told me to do, I tuned out, and don't have any intention on returning for quite a long time.

• Members

I'm watching full time for Eileen Davidson, but the show is dreadful. I believe more loyal fans think I'm a hater, but B&B has potential to be the most fabulous soap on air! Especially with it's worldwide fanbase which it is wasting.

B&B needs someone who has a strong vision and is willing to take risks to shake the show up. I'd love to see a new writer come on and write for the entire cast. And bring on some interesting characters that stick. Boost the camp to fit the location and fashion industry premise, etc.

Archived