OLTL co-headwriter?

• Members

When Dena was promoted, I had very high hopes since she gave this interview about "The Plan to Save Days of our Lives." She had been with the show for a long time. However, some people are just better a different things: breakdowns, headwriting and scriptwriting are very different skills. Very.

So while it is nice to be positive, judging someone's performance at a job they've never done is, well... wrong. It creates an instance where your statement isn't a matter of opinion so much as proveably incorrect.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good news for OLTL fans. Hopefully its the phasing out of Dena Higley. I have noticed a slight change in OLTL. It still is unwatchable for me but I am giving it time. Can't wait to see the Nora/Bo/Lindsay storyline heat up. Now that will be watchable!!!!

• Members

Even at the end of B&C's tenure, by 2003 standards, DAYS was still sinking and needed help. They managed to sink EVEN further after Dena came, which is why JER was brought on.

But I don't want to turn this into a DAYS thread since people get upset. So it shall end there.

• Members

I just got some info on Ron. He is a Lawyer and he had been wanting to write for OLTL for Years before he came on. He lives in NYC, and apparently, he was recomended to recieve the promotion by Claire Labine, a good friend of his. UNLIKE Higley, he lives in NYC, and cares to ask for input from actors instead of just writing slop. He was held back, but now can expand with the new Title.

• Members

^

Come to think of it, I do recall an interview with Claire Labine where she mentions him. She talked about recommending him to ABC and how passionate he was about OLTL.

If only Labine and ABC would patch things up themselves and she'd return to GH and write that show like it's supposed to be written again!

• Members

Dena has been 10x better on OLTL than she EVER was on DAYS. OLTl has definitely gotten better though and cheers to Carlivati if he is the one behind it. Dena has had her highs and lows, but she hasn't stooped to DAYS lows. I guess it is because of all the cooks in the kitchen at ABC.

• Members

Her lows have been quite low enough - murder on mother's day, rape on Valentine's day, the cheerleader BBQ, and rectory stepson sex were right there with dead Cassie in a pinata and killing Alice with her donuts. Some of the bigger problems have been pacing, follow-through, character, and focus. Carlivati may have some clue on pacing, but it will take more time to see if he is an improvement on character, follow-through and focus.

• Members

Sorry Scotty, I don't have the magazine. I saw it on another board.

I look forward to your report.

As far as the quality of OLTL -- there has been much I have liked recently. I still think stories drag on and on and on. I also think there is way too much Mcboredom. But there is a better mix of characters. I've been watching it a lot in recent weeks. It that is Ron, then it's a good thing. I don't have much confidence is Frank Valentini. Maybe now he will step up -- or be allowed to step up -- and take control of the show.

Archived