AMC: Cady's new blog entry - 2/2/07

• Members

Interesting blog from Cady today. She addresses rumors on her firing - it wasn't bc of the Julia Barr blog supposedly. Also she answers why Palmer wasn't around, etc.

Anyway a good read - I'm still so sad that Dixie is gone :(

For The Record…

February 2nd, 2007

there were 781,883 requests for this site in the month of January 2007.

Last week alone, ending February 1st, there were 467, 289 requests.

The last post contained 341 comments, all expressing encouragement to me on future endevors, for which I cannot thank you enough.

Thank you also for the 5600 signatures on the Dixie petition. Wow.

I do not believe I was let go for what I said about Julia Barr’s dismissal in my ABC blog. Many other people at ABC expressed their gratitude for that blog as there was no opportunity for us all to come together and express our love for her as a group. I think the decision to let me go had already been made by the time that blog was written. I worked very closely with Julie Carruthers on that blog. If she thought I had written something that was inappropriate, she would always say so and I would apologize and adjust. I had no intention of criticizing ABC or AMC and believe in my heart that I never have. I simply wanted to praise Julia and express my respect for her.

There is a big difference between criticism and a healthy expression of caring. I know I always cared. A lot. I cared about the integrity of the characters. I cared and still care about my fellow actors. If this makes me a pain in the ass sometimes, well, every actor is a pain in the ass sometimes. I am trained to ask questions in order to bring to light the human intention behind every action, in order to tell the story at the highest possible level that I am capable of. That is my job. I care very much about what I do, and the people I do it with. I care about daytime TV, as it has always had the potential to touch so many lives in a unique and beautiful way. The ABC blog was designed specifically for a unique opinion by a person who had love, respect and a healthy sence of humor towards the medium.

James Mitchell was not present at the PV Hospital scenes because he was feeling unwell from a cold and needed to go home and rest. He’s a beautiful human being and a real trooper and would have stayed if he could have, I know.

What I think is important to remember is that everything must evolve. AMC is no exception. The show will grow and become something new, and I hope, something wonderful. Tad and Dixie will always have their place in time. I was prepared for it to continue, but it was not meant to be and I respect that. I hope you can find other characters to invest in and have fun with. There are many more moments that will occur you won’t want to miss, I am sure.

As for me, I am playing lots of music, and getting some sleep at long last! I look forward to seeing you at a gig now and then, and I will keep you updated on my whereabouts. Please let me know where I can find you!

lots of love,

Cady

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived