Y&R: Sheila and Lauren Spoiler

• Members

As usual, ALL credit to OceanView at the Phick site for taking the time to type this up :)

From SOW:

Lauren And Sheila Face-Off

The cat is out of the bag this week on Y&R, when Lauren finally learns Sheila is alive. "Michael has to tell her," explains Tracey Bregman. "She can't believe it. She's blown away that Paul had something to do with it. The biggest shock is the replica of the nursery and the fact that Sheila has been in their apartment. Lauren goes a little nutty."

A little?! SHe orders Michael to take her to Sheila ASAP. When they arrive at the warehouse, Paul insists they rush Sheila to the hospital or she will die.

Over my dead body, retorts Lauren.

What abou all that bonding they did when Terrible Tom locked them in the bomb shelter? "The fact that she did this now broke all that," asserts TB. "We never get a chance to see them have that conversation, like, 'What happened to you? Why are you back to this?' I thought at the end of the basement story they had come to some sort of peace between them, but this is right back to where they were 16 years ago."

Only this time, Sheila is the one who should be afraid. "Let's just say Lauren goes to a place she probably wishes she could have gone to years ago," warns TB. "It goes way beyond what we thought she was ever capable of."

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From SOW!

HIT - Sheila's Cagey Return on Y&R

Brad was locked in a cage for months (in 1988) before anyone discovered him. That wasn't the case with Sheila, though: Michael stumbled right onto her new pad on Y&R.

Moving at its new, quicker pace, Y&R immediately flung Michael into the melee, leading to a series of dramatic - and hilarious - scenes. Michael couldn't believe his eyes - Christian LeBlanc showed a wonderful knack for comedy, as Michael quickly called his long-ago lover Phyllis to make sure she was the real deal and asked her something only she would know- Where did they like to have sex in his office? (Answer: his swivel chair).

Michael's disbelief morphed into utter horror when he realized Sheila wasn't dead after all - Paul has been holding her captive. Y&R could have simply had Sheila return and switch places with Phyllis, but instead the show layered twist upon twist by having Paul discover her (and keep it from Lauren).

The best part is that Michelle Stafford gets to play the role. Sheila was never more chilling (Paul should have served her fava beans and a nice chianti), and the way MS moves her body and alters the inflection of her voice to match Kimberlin Brown's is uncanny. Some may argue that Y&R should not have brought Sheila back again, but with MS giving her wild take on the whackjob, the storyline is as fresh as it was 15 yrs ago.

Bars-none.

Mail Bag

Y&R Viewers are so done with Sheila. "I truly hope that this is a quick in-and-out visit," writes one. "Enough is enough. I can't take it anymore." Another vents, "Why does Sheila come back, again, again and again? Just kill her off and be through with it." A third adds, "How many times is Sheila going to 'die' and come back as a new person? This is getting pretty boring."

You Said It!

"If Michael and Paul were smart, they would shave Sheila's head so she couldn't be mistaken for Phyllis." ~ S.B.S., Fairfax, VA.

• Members

The Lauren/Sheila rivalry is SO BORING. Oh my God. And not because of Sheila. It's because of Lauren. Tracey Bregman is such a boring, boring, boring actress. And this rivalry is SO played out. So, so, so played out.

• Members

Tracey isn't a boring actress. She gets stuck in boring, repetitive, and shitty storylines. The rivalry is played out. Tracey has mentioned it several times. She wants something fresh, yet TPTB think that Sheila/Lauren is the best thing yet. Early years, yes. Later years, hell no. Oh well, atleast the Bell soaps has treated her good.

BTW:

WORD. I love seeing that in print.

• Members

"Oh Sheila is a monster! Oh Sheila is depraved! She ruined my life!"

Its completely Tracey's fault that the story is played out... she brings NOTHING to the table but half assed desperation. If i have to hear another [!@#$%^&*] monologue about how Sheila destroyed Lauren's life... blah.

The real weakness of the story has always been from the Y&R side of things that it was played from Lauren's perspective. This should have been Sheila's story through and through, as she picks herself up and tries to heal. Y&R didnt choose to write it like that. They want good vs evil. No in between.

Lauren was never an interesting enough character to merit any of these storylines. She only got the baby switch story because Bill Bell became captivated by Sheila.

• Members

Absolutely right Kenny! Unless you've experienced the darkest depths of pain in character and convey it through an unusual and refreshing performance, you will never be a true soap goddess (like Kimberlin, Eileen, Cynthia W). We all know that Lauren did experience this, but you would never know it from Tracey's appauling performance. :lol:

• Members

YES! Absolutely right. Its so sick that because they know Stafford can do psycho well, they dont have Phyllis go on the road back to instability and instead STEAL a great actress like Kimberlin's part, just so Michelle Stafford can get another [!@#$%^&*] emmy award.

The Kimberlin Elite wont stand for this bullshit without kicking up a [!@#$%^&*] storm. And we are! And we won't STOP.

Archived