Article: Message to ABC: No More Rosie!

AntiNWO

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 6 2007, 12:00 PM)
Hasselbeck was a joke before Rosie arrived. She'd say ridiculous things like "Gay marriage is like marrying it toaster" or "It's complicated!" Then everyone would shrug their shoulders and ignore her. Now Rosie stops the conversation and asks her why she thinks what she thinks and you get a better handle on her. Before everyone hated her, now they are enjoying her better.

I think she saved Hasselbeck's job.

Hasslebeck has stood up for herself pretty well...specifically in the Lisa Loeb morning-after/abortion debate from the summer and then I remember a conversation about English being declared as a national language. The former which I disagree but she stood up for herself pretty well until Babs shut her down, the latter she hit every point I was thinking at the time and did a great job.

Hasselbeck is loved by Executive Producer Bill Geddie(a Conservative himself) and Barbara Walters. She wasn't going anywhere.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they picked her solely because she is such a disasterous spokewomen for the Republican party. Rachel Campos was MUCH smarter and had the family life as well, why they didn't pick her is beyond me. Elisabeth was almost as hated as Star.

With Lisa Loeb she got so worked up Barbara HAD to shut her down. Wasn't this also the episode where she got so worked up she was crying in Barbara's lap? Saying outrageous things followed by "it's complicated" is not good debate, IMO. Now I do think she's improved and I'll give her credit for that, but before? A walking disaster, just like Star and a major reason the show was such a joke.

Most thought she and Rosie would hate each other and that Rosie would dominate the conversation, but that isn't true. She and Rosie get along great (they make a great pair!) and Rosie isn't pushy at all. Joy is the one who has become very pushy and insulting with her opinions, especially with Elisabeth.

Archived