ATWT: Petition to fire the head writer

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's show wide, not just a fanbase for a couple, JP has totally ruined the show, All we see on screen any day of the week is about 8 characters, with the same storys being played out over and over again. Some of it could be fanbase in a way, but it is every fanbase out there because there really is no show left or any couples left, It's just a bunch of crap.

Trust me, you me or anyone else on this board could write better stuff then she does, all she does is recycle storylines over and over again, and has no idea of the history of the show, Today for example she messed up history a couple times, she said certain characters did certain things years back, when they never did those things.

• Members

Initially, JP was great, but after her first year or so on the show, the quality started to go down, and it's still dropping. What we have left are boring storylines centered on a select group of six of the same characters that many fans don't even like, with no change in sight.

• Members

We really shared the brain on that one because I was going to come in here and post the same EXACT thing you did. I think it has everything to do with Hogan leaving the show and going to DAYS. I noticed that the show has gone completely down hill since he left.

What I am pissed off about the most is the Will and Gwen storyline. We just sat through last summer with the whole Will cheating on Gwen thing. I don't know why she feels the need to go there with Gwen. I read a spoiler earlier that I am pretty ticked about but its not that Gwen cheats on Will at all. Its not really Gwens fault that it happens(and no she doesnt sleep with anyone) but it still infuriates me.

I dont get why they cannot put JADE with ADAM and let Willen be happy.

• Members

I don't want Jade with Adam. I love the character of Adam but he was miscasted with this actor. They need to recast the role again. And move him far away from Gwen. He should be in stories with Margo and Tom. Not storylines with Jade and Casey's stupid gambling storyline!

• Members

She does have co-heads, but her co-head writers are Leah Laiman and Chris Whitesell, who have never distinguished themselves anywhere. Laiman put the nail in the coffin of "Another World" as AW's last headwriter, with stories like the Lumina secret-garden time-travel story; is sometimes called "Lethal Leah"; and is a very superficial writer. Passanante is much better than Laiman, which isn't saying much.

• Members

I think the first year during her "reign" was "great" because most likely they were leftover story boards or scripts Hogan had before he left as HW. Also, I've noticed Simon's dialogue when he returned felt like back when Hogan wrote for Simon. After Hogan left, so did that spark and old Simon feeling. Anyway, IA that the show really went downhill once Hogan left as HW.

• Members

this was my assumtion too and the ratings arent all that bad. hitting no 3 once in a while.

I remeber christopher whitsell at Sunset Beach. i didnt like his writing. He was sharing co head writing duties with Meg Bennet whom I think is good . And the weeks Chris wrote, they were just awful. The weeks Meg wrote it was sparks non stop.They should have let Meg write by herself

• 2 months later...
  • Members

The crew that ATWT should have.....

Writing Team: Head Writer: Juliet Law Packer; Co-Head Writer: Randall Caldwell; Associate Head Writers: Anna Cascio, Lisa Connor; Breakdown Writers: Gary Sunshine, Mark St. Germain, Courtney Simon, Richard Culliton, Tom Casiello; Script Writers: Bettina F. Bradbury, Susan Dansby, Judith Donato, Elizabeth Page, Courtney Simon, Judy Tate, Richard Culliton, David A. Levinson, Lynn Martin; Story/Script Editor: ?????; Story Consultant: Judi Ann Mason

Producing Team: Jennifer Maloney, Vivian Gundaker, Carole Shure, Jennifer Schacor

Executive Producer: 1st Choice: Laurence Caso; 2nd Choice: Francesca James; 3rd Choice: Wendy Riche

Directing Team: Michael Eilbaum, Habib Azar, Sonia Blangiardo, John O'Connell, Jennifer Pepperman, Maria Wagner

Archived