DAYS: New SOD

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, here we go. I'm not sure I like this. I love Pinson, and I love the idea of giving her a new love interest.

My problem is I'm a 25 year fan, and I love Steve and Kayla. As long as he has amnesia, I guess all is fair. Once he remembers, he better want Kayla.

I'm a "general fan", and I don't have favorite couples or anything. I just think in order to be true to history, we have to portray things through the light of what has already happened. Steve and Kayla were WOW in love, and if he remembers that, or when he remembers that, it will change everything. If it doesn't, the show is missing the point.

• Members

This is what I said on this subject on another forum.. so I'll just copy it, so that I don't have to write it all again.. :D

Billie and Steve will be good! It should give Kayla some really good scenes! Kayla VS Billie! And then Hope should give some advice to her sister-in-law!

And when you think about it, this is kind of logical. I mean, Steve has no memory. He was brought to town and practically PUSHED to be with someone who claims to be his wife. Now, all that pushing could do the oposite to Steve! It would make him want to leave... and since he made such a nice contact with Billie, it is logical that he would want to spend more time with her, than with Kayla.

BUT!! When Steve gets his memory back, I don't want to see him being torn between Billie and Kayla! Because the REAL Steve loves Kayla and ONLY Kayla! So Billie, get ready to get your heart broken!

• Members

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The mags always make a big deal out of stuff like this to stir things up. I have a feeling Steve and Billie know each other from somewhere (especially after yesterday's scenes) or he is interacting with her for a reason. I think the kiss is probably nothing and, even if it is, I think this is a way of Steve just feeling his way through everything since he is in a place and with people he doesn't remember. I think it is very logical but once he remembers it has to be Steve/Kayla. I wouldn't worry though.

• Members

I just hope that other fans of Steve and Kayla won't really hate this and think this is just like what happened to other couples and leave the show again... sniff...

On this, I have to agree... I mean, they are not doing ANYTHING to get Steve remember! I was hoping they would do a hypnosis with Marlena or something..

• Members

Hopefully the kiss is just a flirt or tease and neither actually intend to pursue it. I'm hoping of a happy end of Billie with a man of her own and now hoping that when Frankie knows he has to remain in Salem a while longer, he and Billie get involved and make a new supercouple or at least a brilliant match with a romance to make us all love them. Julie and Billy are worthy of more than being second-hand throw aways.

• Members

I feel bad for Pinson, there are already many hoping that Billie is the next to die in Salem and there have been mentions of exactly "how it should be done" !! ;)

As a S/K fan who just came back to the show because of them, to be getting Bille instead of Kayla isn't exactly sitting well with me either.

I guess we'll have to just wait and see how it all plays out (but I agree, if Pinson's character came between Bo/Hope too...OUCH!! S/K has a very HUGE fanbase also)

• Members

Well, I am happy about it, and I am a huge Steve/Kayla fan.

Like the fall spoilers state, Steve Kayla will have a huge story while searching for his past/memories. He will probably start to like Billie and once the memories of his sweetness start flooding back, they will reunite. Hopefully around Christmas :)

If they were just brought back and put back together quickly, it would be very boring. At least us fans have this big story to look forward to.

Archived