Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

applcin

Member
  • Joined

Everything posted by applcin

  1. So, I guess I'm the only one here that's watched this but that may change. Second episode in and I'm finding it a bit too over-the-top, even for a supernatural series. I hear it's based on books that I have no knowledge of, so none of that for me to compare it to. They throw so much in there, events happen too fast, the acting is somewhat cringe-worthy, it makes the whole thing feel kind of caricaturish, almost like a spoof of the genre. Was hoping it'd be a worthy successor to Grimm but I'm not feeling it.
  2. Actually, it's Call. That family of networks seems to love his voice. They've used him on so many shows, especially those having to do with crimes and the paranormal. He does have a great voice.
  3. So...watched first episode and haven't decided yet. It felt like they threw too much in all at once, no buildup. Don't hate it but don't love it either. Def will give it another chance. Right now it feels like a mashup of Supernatural and Haven. They even have a character of the "Rev" like in Haven. So the main guy is a real psychic medium whose career depends on people believing he's real yet he tells people he's a fake? The vampire is the dude from season 3 of "Sleepy Hollow." Hopefully, they'll slow the pace down a bit now that they've made sure we know who everybody is, what their oddities are, who they're hooking up with and who they want to hook up with.
  4. I think people were expecting more stars from current shows, like the old one had. But, honestly, it was the past tv stars I recognized on the first one, not the guy from The Middle or the young woman. To look at those first teams (sitcoms vs tv kids), it did seem heavily favored towards the younger team but they actually went back and forth with the lead. I do wish the teams had a few more people on them. When an event is for 2 males or 2 females, it's slim pickins when you've got only 2 or 3 to choose from. Pitting almost-60 and overweight Bronson Pinchot against Corbin Bleu in the obstacle course was absurd....but the other options were Tom Arnold (who seemed like he was on something) and Dave Coulier. Some folks complained about the lack of the live crowd but I wonder if maybe they just didn't want people recording the events and spoiling them online. Didn't have that concern 35 years ago. Maybe it'll be a surprise summer hit like all those old game shows ABC revived. I'll keep watching. It's entertaining enough. But coming up later on...Lou Ferrigno is still built like a tank and I don't think the other team has a chance in the tug of war.
  5. I know there are other soap stars that will appear on episodes...Actually, I just found an article that lists 50 from daytime and primetime, although some aren't known mainly from their soap gigs: http://www.inquisitr.com/4332960/50-soap-stars-on-battle-of-the-network-stars-whos-repping-daytime-nighttime-drama/ I watched the first one and, while it is a pale retake of the original and has some people calling it Battle of the Has-Beens, it's a bit of silly summer fun. The teams are smaller, there's no live crowd, most of the stars on the first episode are not currently on tv series and some are not in that good of shape.
  6. Cornelius Smith, Jr. (Frankie Hubbard, AMC) will be on the 7/13 episode of Battle of the Network Stars.
  7. I thought Siobhan's infatuation with Jack, while Sarah was still in the role, made her too dependent on him...she looked to him for guidance and his opinion mattered more to her than it should have. And even though the sibling rivalry with Mary wasn't taken to the level of actively trying to seduce Jack (at least while Mary was still alive), she was more interested in being Jack's confidante and being close to him than in seeing things from Mary's view or trying to help their marital situation.
  8. I kind of liked Ken. But I was never that into Frank & Jill as a couple. Still, there are some cheesy moments to it. And, as intelligent and sophisticated a woman as Jill was presented, her justifications for some things boggle the mind sometimes. Not just with KGJ but in her relationships with Frank & Seneca as well. As for Barry, wasn't that crazy about him but he did have a genuine love for Ken, his best friend. That'll come out more, and his involvement in that story (if not others), will show an honorable side to him.
  9. Joanna Going (Lisa Grady, AW) on Hallmark's Home & Family last week. Apparently, she's on a show called Kingdom on something called the Audience network. It's on Direct TV.
  10. Anybody else seeing the late Frank Maxwell (Dan Rooney, GH) popping up on that Optimum Cable commercial?
  11. Don't know if this has been mentioned but Kamar de los Reyes (OLTL) has been playing a demon on "Sleepy Hollow" since this season premiered.
  12. The LAPD once again went to Richard Simmons' (GH) house to do a welfare check on him and they report that he seems fine. All the speculation, podcasts, etc., are like way out of control. The man just wants his privacy. Side note...his old studio space, Slimmons, has now been taken over by DWTS' Kym Herjavec for her new dance exercise studio. http://people.com/bodies/richard-simmons-perfectly-fine-according-to-police/
  13. Jeff Branson (Jonathan Lavery, AMC) did an episode of Grimm. Rachel Melvin (Chelsea, DOOL) started as a regular on "Sleepy Hollow" this season.
  14. David Chisum (Miles Laurence, OLTL) pops up again. He was in a recent Supernatural, playing a fictional POTUS and "meatsuit" for Lucifer.
  15. Recognizing John Brotherton (Jared, OLTL) on tonight's "Timeless." He's playing Gene Kranz of NASA, the same person Ed Harris played in Apollo 13.
  16. Roma Downey (Joanna Leighton, OLTL) and hubby Mark Burnett have a new over-the-air "faith and family" network premiering in December: http://deadline.com/2016/11/roma-downey-mark-burnett-mgm-light-tv-faith-based-network-fox-1201855425/
  17. David Chisum (Miles Laurence, OLTL) was on tonight's "Timeless" for about a minute before his character was shot to death.
  18. Tony Call (EON, GL and probably most known from OLTL as Herb Callison) this past summer at Awesome con representing the Destination America series "A Haunting". He's been the narrator since 2005. First I think of him as Dave Bailey (Star Trek), then as Herb Callison and now he's like the voice of Destination America, lol. He's done so much voicework with them. (And we've read the same book.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-MeaPVsUs
  19. There are all these "stories" popping up now about Richard Simmons (GH) and people speculating about his mental and physical health because he's been out of the public eye for some time. Friends claiming he's cut them off, thinking he's under witchcraft by his housekeeper, etc. He's had to get on the phone to explain it but some folks still aren't convinced he's not being abused in some way. http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/richard-simmons-explains-year-public-absence/story?id=37628041
  20. Mike Minor (Brandon Kingsley) has died. http://www.examiner.com/article/tv-actor-mike-minor-has-died
  21. So right now I'm wondering how Anna Stuart feels about her husband, James Cromwell, being arrested at a power plant protest.
  22. McKenzie Westmore (Passions) married production designer Patrick Tatopoulos about a week ago. He's also back tonight for the 2-part Face-Off finale. http://www.toofab.com/2015/10/12/mckenzie-westmore-and-patrick-tatopoulos/
  23. I've fallen behind on my viewing (will catch up at some point, lol) but I just wanted to let anyone here know who's from NYC...if you haven't been able to get Retro TV, it's showing up now on channel 32.5. Happy camper here.
  24. Well, I was thinking more of Richard Muenz. Not as muscular but I did have a kiddie crush on him!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.