• Members

I'm not convinced that was the same guy. Could be, though. I think that was Don Murray as Dougie's boss.

I suspect Richard is Ben or Jerry's son. I'd find it more sinister if he actually was Audrey's ill-begotten son by Wheeler. It's the kind of slap in the face Lynch often pulled in the old series when he came back - I never forget the bit in the Season 2 premiere where, instead of treating Ben and Jerry as jolly fun, he opened on a handheld sequence of Jerry screaming at the struggling Blackie and making her beg for heroin. As fun as the Horne brothers can be (and he made them fun just as often as well) they were also often those terrible people. That's what Richard reminded me of - the worst of Twin Peaks' human darkness.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think that was definitely Don Murray. Very fit for 87...

Yeah Jerry and Ben were both foul (I think they always made it a bit more clear with Jerry but season 2 had more with Ben as well), so Richard being one of their sons would make more sense. And if he's Ben's son then I could see Ben maybe using him to sell drugs while pretending to be a model citizen. 

I guess him being JJW's son would make sense too (he has a bit of the Billy Zane look).

So I realized after I wrote my post that the guy on main guitar in the group was David Lynch's son. I wonder if his other son will be popping back up.

• Members

I'm actually watching The Missing Pieces right now and it's essential Twin Peaks viewing and not just random scenes.

First of all - Cooper know Diane in person. He talks to her in a doorway, though she is unseen.

Secondly, Moira Kelly is so underrated in the Twin Peaks universe. She should've returned for... uhm, The Return as she's such a big part of Laura's life.

"It's happening again" - cries Sarah Palmer in The Missing Pieces.

• Members

The cut Truman / Lucy scene actually explains her reaction about cellphones.

"How did you get up here?"

And yes, there's a follow up to the cliffhanger in "The Missing Pieces", which becomes even more eerie with the new season.

• Members

Wow. Thanks for finding that video. I'll let you link it at Previously TV if you want to but I may post it elsewhere. I love that he (or his people) wrote the letters and gave out a dollar. 

I had forgotten that Jennifer Syme worked for Lynch. I remember her for her relationship with Keanu Reeves and the child they lost. I didn't realize she was involved in Twin Peaks. She must have been very talented. 

I still haven't finished the Twin Peaks history book but I'm about halfway through now and noticed that they rewrote Norma's backstory. I wonder if there will be a reason.