2013: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Looks like Dean Lamont is still with the Bell family - he's doing camera at B&B now. Good for Ed Scott (I'm guessing) for bringing him over after, I assume, being by fired by JFP.

• Members

I wish they had asked Michele Val Jean to share some stories about what really happened with Richard Culiton and Tony Geary, and what it was like to work for Culliton for her. Also I want to know how much was Guza, how much was Karen Harris, how much was herself, and how much was Culliton when Nikolas and Stefan first came on. As well as how much or little Culliton shaped Carly during this period. I have never seen anyone who was on the writing team of GH during that 1996/1997 period talk about Richard Culliton. It's like he didn't exist and they all just talk about their own contributions. He is generally a well respected writer within the industry, but for some reason, he didn't click there and I would really like to know more about what was happening behind the scenes there. At the same time, he clicked well enough at first that Wendy Riche asked him and Carolyn to develop PC with her. So it's a real mystery, and someone somewhere needs to interview him or someone close to him in depth about it one day, as well as about his whole long career on many different shows.

The next time anyone who reads this interviews a GH writer from that time, be sure to ask about Richard Culliton, okay? Please? For meeee, LOL. Thank you.

I felt this interview in the Daytime Confidential podcast with Michele Val Jean was really surface level and barely even touched on GH -- Jamey was just obsessed with his "Santa Barbara." Also when the interview got serious, like when she was talking about how she had been raped as a child or about her mother and Rosalind Cash both having the same kind of cancer, it seemed the podcast got awkward and the hosts barely acknowledged what she was saying. I think somewhere like "We Love Soaps" would have done a much better, in-depth print interview with her. Still, I did learn a lot, including the pronunciation of her name like you, Toups!

• Members

Carly is a character that seemed to be created by committee from various interviews I've read with various writers. The Labine's claimed to have created her in the story bibles they left behind, Guza/Harris executed her introduction, Culliton joined a few months after she was introduced, and Patrick Mulcahey and Elizabeth Korte both also contributed significantly to her development earlier on.

• Members

TOUPS: A few Y&R writer questions.

Angelica McDaniel told Nelson Branco in an interview that she had a young writer on Y&R for a year but there wasn't room so Brad Bell picked up the writer...Who is that?

Is Beth Milstein out? She recently deleted Y&R off her facebook employment profile.

Are Thompson and Altman writing breakdowns?

• Administrator
Yeah, it looks like Seidman is gone since she wasn't in the credits again on Monday. I guess Griffith couldn't protect her and was the odd one out.

Can't think of anyone.

Don't know. Is she did that then I would guess she's gone.

I think so.

• Administrator
Cherrill started while Levinson was still there. The curious thing is why is Cherrill listed first among the script writers? Usually DAYS list their writers in order of arrival unless they have a higher status than the others.

• Members

The SWs are listed alphabetically by surname (except for the SW who writes the current episode - s/he goes after the 'and' in the usual way).

The AHWs are also listed alphabetically (except the script editor, who goes last). People assume Broderick is a more senior AHW than the others because she is listed first - she may in fact be, but one can't assume it from the way she is listed in the credits.

• Members

Toups:

Days started listing their writers alphabetically last year, no longer by seniority.

Also, David Levinson's last script was on April 3. He no longer appears in the NBC credits (for either 4/4 or 4/5), but SoapNet credits have yet to make the change. I've removed him from my staff list and put his last airdate as 4/3/13.

Not writing, but Krista Cremidan has left the show as Production Coordinator. Sara Peterson was promoted to that position and Brenda Glazer has been added to replace Peterson as a Production Associate.

Archived