Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks! So do you watch Hollyoaks?

I'm still not sure how to feel about this story. Kieron is a wonderful actor and I'm glad the show is going to try to bring up some of his past to explain the character's new feelings, but Brendan is just such a silly character, and whereas when Ste beat Amy, I was very scared for her, I'm not sure if I can believe anything Brendan does to Ste. I keep expecting him to blow a house down. That mustache is also silly. I think it's style over substance and you can't have that in this type of story, IMO.

They do seem to have chemistry though.

The reaction to an actor coming out is usually oh who cares/ oh how could you not tell/everyone knew/publicity stunt how pathetic, but even now I think making that leap is tough to do and I appreciate Kieron doing this, especially on a very popular morning show. I'm surprised they aired the kiss. ITV certainly does not show men kissing on their soaps most of the time. I don't know if you watch Emmerdale but what they've done with Aaron and Jackson is just laughable.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

That's good news about Charlotte. I hope she comes back. I don't see the point in writing her out. It's not like the students are full of fascinating names. I read a comment at DS saying it was OK she left because she didn't live up to her potential and was not part of a unit. I'm not sure what units have to do with it -- the Valentines were a huge part of the show and a big family unit, but Marquess still knew they had to go. The show isn't really in a place to where they can just keep firing people, especially since many of the new characters have been iffy.

• Members

Carl, I follow Hollyoaks (I guess I have since that one gay storyline became popular on youtube) but I admit I'm not a regular viewer--if it was on TV here I probably would be though (or more so).I actually agree with your thoughts completely (down tot he mustache lol), but am willing to see how it plays out.

And you're exactly right--it's kinda annoying all the responses from people that are basically "of course he's gay"--because i think it's still pretty difficult to do in this day and age (particularly when you're the type of actor he is--someone who is potentially a romantic lead, as opposed to a character actor).

• Members

Well, that's odd.

Looking at the 2010 Hollyoaks Hunks Calender, and for February they have some actor named TOM HUGHES who is supposed to be playing a character named, "Logan Fairhurst." If this is the case, why hasn't he been on screen or announced to show up anytime soon?

In other news, Wikipedia lists Kevin Smith (the alien) and Jem Costello as leaving. They've been wrong before but I'll be quite happy if both are true, especially the latter.

Edited by Amello

• Members

I know he's been on for what seems like ever, and he's very handsome--but I can never take him too seriously because I first watched him on the budget S Club wannabe show StarStreet (which for some reason we got for all of 6 months here in Canada) and as a member ofits accompanying cheezey pop band AllSTARS (yes, I own the CD...) I admit that's still who I always think of...

Ridiculous :)

• Members

HAHA yeah the show itself was an odd mix of S Club with like sorta less inspired Pee Wee's Playhouse type surrealism. It was a fave of me and my roomates as it aired Sunday afternoons when we'd be lazy and hungover. LOL (and actually I do quite fancy him--he's the main reason I started watching Hollyoaks, but, still...)

One last clip and then back to Hollyoaks--apparently the TV show is finally coming to DVD! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNwZ8B-gflc

• Members

You and your Pop star knowledge. Sometimes it scares me. ^_^

Anyway, I,m just happy Marquess seems to really get Darren and sees him as one of the main leads of the show, like he should be. I yearn for the day that he and Cindy finally reunite. They are meant to be! :wub: Of course, that,s only because RARREN' to go, does not seem to be catching on.