Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Brendan is a huge FAIL and I blame the actor completely. He's about as menacing as kitten.

And, this Jacqui/Rhys story is extremely forced. Plus, Jacqui is too big of a character for Rhys, Darren would be more her equal. Rhys would be better with Nancy.

This Texas chick is another bland, dull and lifeless character. She brings India/Dave/Charlotte down. But man, when watching their scenes, it's so hard not remember the glory days of Kris/Zak/Zoe/Jess. :(

• Members

Bombhead will be on the Freshers spin-off with Lee.:mellow:

http://www.e4.com/blog/hollyoaks/post/qlmq19r2jb2p84znphvbpr/view.e4?cntsrc=sn_hollyoaks_facebook

Maybe he'll eventually transition to the main show as well.

I hate these types of silly "comedic characters." I'm not watching right now, but I hope he doesn't make it to the show show, the show already has too many useless and annoying "comedic characters."

• Members

The father reminds me of Brad Garrett, ugh.

The daughter reminds me of another British soap actress but I can't think of who.

I think this Friday is Dave's last episode on the main show. It's too bad. I know some will say oh well he was so boring, or smug, good riddance, I thought he was a droll, unique character, with good comic timing. Someone said the actor left by his own choice to do a movie. I hope that's true.

Bombhead was OK but unfortunately today's Hollyoaks only seems to see comic relief as the pratfalls and pig faces of Cheryl and Duncan. I don't think they would know how to write for him.

He reminds me of that midget actor, I can't remember his name...the one who was in Death at a Funeral. At least that guy can act and has presence. This guy just has ridiculous facial hair. And Veronica is possibly the WORST actress I've seen on this show.

• Members

Surprised to see Bombhead -- and I don't think his return was hinted at anywhere was it? Bring back Zara now! I must say that it seems like no time has passed. Bombhead and Lee are the same as ever. It's nice continuity.

I'm really going to miss Dave. He's so funny and handsome in a unique way and I love his friendship with Charlotte. It is one of the most realistic male/female friendships I have ever seen on a soap.

I will give the show points for not casting a feeble old fossil for some type of "ew" or "ha ha" moment with India/Tex's grandfather. He's actually a very attractive man -- frankly, more attractive than some of the men being passed off as hunks. I hope he stays around, I think he makes India and Tex more interesting. India is coming into her own a bit more. Tex has potential but right now reminds me so much of Louise. I'm glad that they had India learn about what Rhys did to Josh, I was surprised they remembered that.

I'm also glad they're continuing to include Myra in storylines and using her for comedy. She seems to be on a lot more lately than I remember her being in the times I watched Lucy Allan's era.

Aside from how Veronica is playing Brendan like a fiddle this whole story is dull. So is the stuff with Jacqui/Rhys so far. Not dull so much as rushed.

• Members

The past few episodes have been pretty good, obviously barring any waste of time where Duncan and Cheryl are involved.

Was it just me or did Darren actually manage to kind of make Jem somewhat likable. That was a clear chemistry test, IMO.

This cancer story is the only real story on this show and it shows because the biggest bright spot the show has. Though, I am enjoying the Cindy SL as well. Dave/Charlotte/India are must watch as well. The actors and characters are just very likable, but Texas is another in a huge heap of dull lifeless characters/actors on this show. She's another huge fail. I hope Dave's exit is open ended.

The O'Conners were alright in their first episode. Nothing to complain about yet.