Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Soap Star Plastic Sugery

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 DaytimeFan

DaytimeFan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,547 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:54 PM

As this is my area of expertise I always think it's fun to dissect who in the soap business has had plastic surgery or dermatological intervention.

Of course there are a number of stars who memorably and publically went under the knife, Eileen Letchworth of AMC and Jeanne Cooper of Y&R being the genre's pioneers. Then, there are stars who covertly had facelifts with the 'accident' storyline, Linda Dano and Susan Lucci memorably used this storyline to their cosmetic advantage.

There are also those actresses (and actors, don't kid yourself) who have had little tweaks, think Katherine Kelly Lang and the age defying brow lift she had in the early 2000s.

There is also the unfortunate lot of actresses who have had a lot of bad work, think up your own there is a number of them.

And of course there is the sea of stars who have tonnes of visible, good work that they flat out deny.

So who do you think has had it? Who still needs it? Who looks the best (especially given their age) and who looks the worst?

#2 RobynIsHere

RobynIsHere

Recurring

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

I don't think anyone should get plastic surgery ever unless they're burned or disfigured. Just age gracefully.

#3 MTSRocks

MTSRocks

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:07 AM

^I agree.

Lesli Charleson and Jackie Zeman of General Hospital, need not to go under the knife again.

Several who have aged gracefully (and has maybe had a few minor tweaks here and there) include: Melody Thomas Scott, Renee Jones, Deidre Hall, Erika Slezak, Tracey Bregman, Jess Walton, Eileen Davidson, Peter Bergman, David Canary, Ted Shackleford, Colleen Zenk Pinter, Nancy Lee Grahn, Andrea Evans, Katherine Kelly Lang...

#4 DaytimeFan

DaytimeFan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,547 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (MTSRocks @ Jul 9 2008, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^I agree.

Lesli Charleson and Jackie Zeman of General Hospital, need not to go under the knife again.

Several who have aged gracefully (and has maybe had a few minor tweaks here and there) include: Melody Thomas Scott, Renee Jones, Deidre Hall, Erika Slezak, Tracey Bregman, Jess Walton, Eileen Davidson, Peter Bergman, David Canary, Ted Shackleford, Colleen Zenk Pinter, Nancy Lee Grahn, Andrea Evans, Katherine Kelly Lang...

^ Your list of aging gracefully is very good with one exception: Deidre Hall. She looks stunning...but she's had a lot of help. Not just the odd surgical tweak or chemical peel. We're talking full facelift, necklift, full eyes, dermabrasion, chemical peels, the whole nine yards, she looks sensational.

Most everyone else on your list has gotten away with nothing (Shackelford, Bergman) or the bare minimum (Bregman, Canary, Walton, Zenk Pinter, Grahn, Evans) or are on the young ish side (Lang, Davidson, Jones). When it comes to Slezak I bet she's had more done than anyone would think.

And yes, Charleson and Zeman should avoid the dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Especially Charleson, that woman is sporting a brutal facelift. Zeman, if she were to stop any sort of treatment for a year, would look MUCH better as most everything she appears to do is reversible.

#5 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,263 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:18 AM

Those who have had it look awful. There are some who need it...cough* GL* cough. There are those who look great without it. Doug Davidson comes to mind. The man is still gorgeous.

#6 y&r_fan

y&r_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:27 AM

Daytime's worst plastic surgery victim: Joan Van Ark (ex-Gloria, Y&R). I could barely stand to look at her. sad.gif

Runner up: Tracey Bregman (Lauren, Y&R). She looks very unnatural.

#7 MTSRocks

MTSRocks

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

Well Deidre goes to a damn good surgeon then lol.

How could I forget Doug Davidson, and Kristoff St. John!

To me, Tracey Bregman has gotten better with the years. She looks like a total MILF.

#8 DaytimeFan

DaytimeFan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,547 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:45 AM

I'd like to know who Deidre goes to...my bet is someone foreign and expensive and probably in Brazil. She does look great.

When it comes to Tracey Bregman I see both sides of the argument. She DOES look artificial, but then, she always has, even when she was in her 20s. Simply put Tracey Bregman has a hard face with sharp features. That's not a bad thing, the fact is that her work (which I would think is limited to some fillers, Botox and eye work) is well done. She looks like herself and she's always looked hard.

#9 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,263 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:48 AM

Another who looks great is Marie Masters. She has aged very well.

#10 MTSRocks

MTSRocks

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:04 AM

I also think Rebecca Herbst has aged very, very well. Same with Thad Luckinbell. Both could still probably pass for mid-late twenties.

Sharon Case and Joshua Morrow too have aged into beautiful adults.

Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams both look stunning as well.

The wardrobe on GH makes Laura Wright look older than she really is. Kelly Moanco is beautiful, but you can see that she's a party girl. Jane Elliot on the other hand looks sensational.

I'm 50/50 with Don Diamont, and Christian Leblanc looks good too! Oh yes, and Eric Braeden has definitely improved with age, less oily.

#11 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,263 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (MTSRocks @ Jul 10 2008, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm 50/50 with Don Diamont Oh yes, and Eric Braeden has definitely improved with age, less oily.

Blah...DD....I use to think he was hot..not anymore....LOL about EB...haha...less oily laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#12 detroitpiston

detroitpiston

She bad, y'all mad

• Members
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:16 AM

Jackie Zeman needs to stop getting botox pronto. Women looks like Joan Rivers with a bad wig.

#13 DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:17 AM

Y&R's actresses age the best

Vicki Rowell
Jess Walton
Mel Scott
Eileen Davidson
Alex Donnelly
Tonya Williams
Ash Bash
Tricia Cast
Signy Coleman
Barb Crampton
Sharon Case
Heather Tom
Patty Weaver
Beth Maitland
Lyndsy Fonseca
Jeanne Cooper
Veronica Redd
Michelle Stafford
Lauren Woodland

Tracy Bregman looks like an ad for Madame Tussauds.

#14 MTSRocks

MTSRocks

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:22 AM

Ooohh and Susan Flannery really let herself go, because she used to be drop dead gorgeous on DOOL. I saw a clip of her, and the difference then and now is overwhelming. Not saying she isn't still attractive, but she looks nothing like yesteryear.

Jerry Douglas is another one who has been well kept.

#15 DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (MTSRocks @ Jul 10 2008, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooohh and Susan Flannery really let herself go, because she used to be drop dead gorgeous on DOOL. I saw a clip of her, and the difference then and now is overwhelming. Not saying she isn't still attractive, but she looks nothing like yesteryear.

She's bigger & the hairstyle is severe but other than that she still looks good.

QUOTE (MTSRocks @ Jul 10 2008, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jerry Douglas is another one who has been well kept.

He's a Polident commercial WAITING to happen.

Edited by DeeeDee, 10 July 2008 - 01:24 AM.

#16 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,721 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

Tracey E Bregman is beautiful. Work or no work, i dont care. And i have seen her in person.

#17 DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:25 AM

Tracey's attractive.

She just needs to leave the Botox alone.

#18 XxTaraXx

XxTaraXx

Recurring

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (MTSRocks @ Jul 10 2008, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also think Rebecca Herbst has aged very, very well. Same with Thad Luckinbell. Both could still probably pass for mid-late twenties.

Sharon Case and Joshua Morrow too have aged into beautiful adults.

Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams both look stunning as well.

The wardrobe on GH makes Laura Wright look older than she really is. Kelly Moanco is beautiful, but you can see that she's a party girl. Jane Elliot on the other hand looks sensational.

I'm 50/50 with Don Diamont, and Christian Leblanc looks good too! Oh yes, and Eric Braeden has definitely improved with age, less oily.

Aged well? Rebecca Herbst is 31. She's a spring chicken!

I think Renee Jones has aged amazingly well. I don't think she looks a day older than when she was in the On Bended Knee video!

Deidre Hall has had loads of work done.

I think Robin Christopher has aged well. Dunno if she's had anything done, but she looks fab.

And then of course there's the people who get older and actually look better. Yes, you Vanessa Marcil. I dunno how the woman does it. And you too, Tamara Braun.

#19 Queen

Queen

Recurring

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:09 AM

It hit me the other day that Slezak has had some work done. I could tell. She's never been a very attractive woman.

I think the best surgeries are the ones where the effect isn't glaring.

#20 koos

koos

Recurring

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:37 AM

Deidre's had a ton of work, but she still looks good. She actually looks younger now than she did a decade ago, which is really weird. The whole shape of her face/neck looks different, but it doesn't look plastic or unnatural.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users