Help with uploading DVD content to computer

Britney

• Members

OK. So I just received five Daytime Emmy awards shows on DVD. I want to make clips of them, upload them on YouTube or something, and post them for all of SON to enjoy. I downloaded a program called "DVD-to-AVI." I have been able to insert other DVDs into my computer and upload them onto my harddrive with no problem. However, for the Emmy DVDs, it takes two hours for them to copy onto my harddrive, and then at the very end, it says "Copying error" and the file is corrupted and I cannot open it. I'm thinking it's just a problem with the program -- when I had the trial version of the program, it was able to copy the first 20 minutes or so of a DVD successfully. When I try to copy a whole DVD, it gives me errors.

Anyways, does anyone know of any other programs where you can copy DVD content onto your computer harddrive? Or maybe a device in which I can hook up my DVD player to my computer and transfer the stuff there? Any advice is welcome. I'm really kind of a computer virgin, I know only the basic essentials, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Tx.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived