ARTICLE: Kennedy Garcia Joins ‘Days of our Lives’

• Webmaster
Kennedy Garcia, Felicity, Days of our Lives, DAYS, DOOL, #DAYS, #DOOL, #DaysofourLives

Next week, “Days of our Lives” will formally introduce a new character named Felicity, portrayed by Kennedy Garcia, an actress, model and speaker with Down syndrome.

In a recent episode, the Felicity character was first mentioned during a conversation between Johnny and Chanel (Carson Boatman and Raven Bowens). The pair were discussing Chanel’s exposure to radiation while pregnant and what impact, if any, that might have on their child.

“It’s a great day to welcome @kennedyjean04 to Salem, plus it’s her birthday today! Wish her Happy Birthday and tune in to meet ‘Felicity’ on-air next week!” read the caption of a post published on the “Days of our Lives” Instagram page on Thursday.

Earlier today, Garcia shared snaps from her experience thus far, including posing in the parking lot outside of Studio 2 at the show’s Burbank studio, a behind-the-scenes look of her getting dolled up in the hair/makeup chair and hanging out with co-stars Boatman and Bowens.

“I have loved getting to know everyone in Salem and most of all learning who Felicity is!” said Garcia in the caption of a post on Instagram where she shared snaps of her experience during the first days after her initial casting – the show tapes six-eight months ahead of airdate. “I can’t wait to share her with you all next week!” she continued.

“We’re excited to have you!” wrote the official “Days of our Lives” handle in response to Garcia’s post. “So happy to have you!!!” commented Bowens, who teased a TikTok collaboration between the two that could not be posted as Garcia’s casting was not known at the time of recording.

“I was so nervous on my first day,” Garcia recalled in an interview with TV Insider. “I was worried I would mess up or forget my lines, but everyone was so nice! They even let me choose my own wardrobe! I’m not nervous anymore!”

In addition to praising Bowens for being there to help her out and show her around, Garcia also thanks “The Young and the Restless” star Courtney Hope for encouraging her. “[She] prepared me for my audition and really cheered me on,” revealed Garcia to TV Insider.

Talking about her character and the power of representation, Garcia notes, “Even though [Felicity] has Down syndrome, she is cherished by her family and friends, she is capable of great things, and she’s a hard worker. I’m pretty sure she bakes better than I do. She is also a typical teenager who has real feelings and fears that people will see as her story goes on.” 

“I hope no one underestimates Felicity as a character, or actors with disabilities like me,” Garcia continued. “Representation is so important and I’m so thankful for this opportunity to become Felicity and let you all get to know her, and me!”

Check out photos from Garcia’s first couple of days on the set of “Days of our Lives” below.

To keep up with “Days of our Lives,” subscribe to Peacock, the only place to stream all-new episodes of the series. Visit PeacockTV.com for more information on how to watch.

Note: The post Kennedy Garcia Joins ‘Days of our Lives’ appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic