Roles that Cannot be Recast

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree that technically all characters can be recast (hell, they recast Mikey Horton), but also that sometimes shouldn't really be attempted if the audience identifies an actor too closely to the role and a new character could fill the role effectively. "Iconic" characters with long-term portrayers should only be recasted if there's a need for them on the canvas that can't be explained with an off screen absence (which is why I'd accept a Hope Williams Brady recast at this point as it's just odd having the character off canvas as they have to make up more and more forced reasons why she isn't there - well, it's either that or kill her off).

Edited by te.

• Members

This has been an eye-opener for me as I didn't realize there were so many I would call 'un-recastable'. But, I absolutely agree with Flannery (and on DOOL I always thought of Laura as really being Flannery, sorry Jamie Lyn Bauer), Braden, Lucci, Dano, Schnetzer, Wyndham, Martinez, Walker (and I always thought Robin was really Kelly), everyone named from DOOL, Genie Francis, KZ is Reva, Eileen Fulton is Lisa, and Steve Burton. I would add Mary Stuart as she was not only Jo but was SEARCH. SB had 3 great Masons but I always thought Lane really was the dude. I think only Nancy Lee Grahn could inhabit both Julia & Alexis. Wow. So many. I was not acquainted with my own opinion.