LATEST RATINGS: July 22-26, 2019

• Members

Y&R at a 2.5.... Granted, a ratings point equals a larger number of household viewers than it did 20 years ago, but....

A 2.5 is what Sunset Beach got during their Earthquake/Tsunami story in the summer of '98. 

A 2.5 is what Passions and Port Charles tied for during the 2000 Christmas holiday week (or maybe it was '99). 

Yikes. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Haven't been watching but what's funny is that so many people are blaming the Rosales family and Kyle and Lola.  These ratings have nothing to do with Adam, hahahahaha.  So bring on MORE MORE MORE ADAM!  He's BARELY been on apparently.  Adam will RAISE THE RATINGS!  I see other excuses about DirectTV or something - it very little to do with DirectTV...not all of those people would be watching Y&R anyway, no matter how good or bad it is - but it's bad.  It has to do with the fact that Adam isn't on NEARLY enough.  You NEED MORE ADAM Y&R!  The results are clear - CLEAR your storylines of ANYONE but Adam and you will SOAR!  More Adam and Chelsea will solve Everything!  

People might not like the Rosales family - fine, get rid of them.  I liked them.  But the ratings were not this disaster - Y&R was falling but not like an anvil/rock that it has become under Adam.  My entire family has mentioned that they're not watching - and we don't have DirectTV.  They all hate this Adam.  They hate the character returned.  

But for some reason everyone on message boards say how awesome he is and what a great actor he is.  Whatever.  It won't matter now what they do - I won't ever go back to watching.  I am wishing for a good talk show at this point - I think Kelly Clarkson on NBC will be a success, and maybe CBS can find a good talk show to replace Y&R and B&B.  

• Members

Actually, here's an except of CBS Chicago's ratings during the week in this thread, which was first week of blackout:

"Nielsen household ratings dropped an average of 28 percent around the clock last week, with some time periods (including CBS 2’s 10 p.m. newscast) down as much as 33 percent."

• Errol unpinned this topic