How should the Canvas of Daytime look to make SON positive?

• Members

Agnes Nixon, IMO, was at her best whenever she focused on stories concerning young love, larger-than-life characters and contemporary issues. Because she was trained by Nixon, and by Wisner Washam, I tend to think Lorraine Broderick generally prefers telling these kinds of stories as well.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. This was the time when Malone retconned Bobby Reno into Dr. Shane Roberts; and IIRC, Lila was introduced either as his ex-wife or as his estranged wife.

Malone's stuff on OLTL and AW wasn't my cup of tea. Nevertheless, I would place him in the same category with Douglas Marland, James E. Reilly, and maybe Nancy Curlee.

• Members

There isn't a show that would make all of SON happy because we're different people who like different things.Part of what makes this board so....let's say lively is the fact that we like different things and we're all pretty clear about what we want and don't want. I've listed a million times over what I want from soaps and I've finally accepted that the genre won't give me that. PP tried but they turned out to be their own worst enemy.

• Members

With all due respect, if you didn't mean for your opening comment to read that way, you wouldn't have posted it. A comment like that is immediately going to lead to more of the "bickering" that you say you dislike.

This board is the way it is. It's not going to change and shouldn't have to. If you don't like the bickering and repetitive topics, then ignore them and don't engage in them. It's the simplest solution because the genre just isn't going to change. Like Marceline, that's something I've accepted.

Archived