Your Favorite Disney Movies!

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I don't know if this topic has been posted before or not, but here it goes:

What are your favorite Disney movies? Mine has ALWAYS been Peter Pan--I want the 50th Anniversary DVD next year (if there is one--I hope so!).

peter-pan.jpg

wub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.png

I also love Mary Poppins (something about her name, I guess ;) ), Beauty and the Beast, the original 101 Dalmatians, and the origimal Parent Trap with Hayley Mills. Absolutely some of my top choices.

So what are some of your favorites? Animated, live-action, doesn't matter (and I count The Brave Little Toaster as a Disney movie, as they eventually distributed it). It's time to talk Disney!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love Disney so goddamn much! Beauty and the Beast will always have a special place in my heart, but it's the underrated The Fox and the Hound that owns my Disney life.

And because I always thought it was Disney, I'm going to include the wonderful The Princess and the Goblin! Anyone remember that film masterpiece?

• Members

Disney!! wub.pngwub.png

I thought about starting a thread like this, but never got around to it.

But to pick a favourite movie is almost mission impossible. I love them all! (Well, maybe not all, but most of them). I am a bit partial to the older ones though. Movies like "Pinocchio", "Dumbo", "Cinderella" and "Bambi". I also quite enjoy the package films they produced during the 40s, "The Three Caballeros", "Saludos Amigos" etc

Of the later ones I would have to put "The Little Mermaid" first.

I have two perhaps unusual opinions: I can't stand "The Lion King" (worst Disney movie ever!) and I quite like "The Black Cauldron"

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

So, which are your favourite Disney villains? There have been so many memorable villains in Disney history, with some outstanding performances by the voice actors.

Some of the more memorable, in my opinion, have been:

Eleanor Audley as Maleficent ("Sleeping Beauty")

George Sanders as Shere Khan ("The Jungle Book")

Peter Ustinov as Prince John ("Robin Hood")

Geraldine Page as Madame Medusa ("The Rescuers")

John Hurt as The Horned King ("The Black Cauldron")

Pat Carroll as Ursula ("The Little Mermaid")

Jeremy Irons as Scar ("The Lion King")

James Woods as Hades ("Hercules")

I think Hades has the most delicious line of all of these villains: (speaking to/about his two sidekicks Pain and Panic) "Memo to me: maim you after my meeting" tongue.png

Archived