Relaciones Peligrosa

dc11786

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hahaha..but I am noticing that the novela is toning down the gay story..ugh..pisses me off....just like Days...the story is featured all of 1 min on Monday or 5 minutes during the week. I did notice the wardrobe change...lol...but really did the writers have to do that?? I still dont think Alej is that type of gay guy but i could be wrong...lol...the finger snap was hilarious....lol....I noticed Diego didnt flinch with the finger snap....lol....I bet he wishes he could be like Alex.....i wish this story would pick up a bit.

• Members

I think last week was incredibly well done. In particular, Wednesday’s episode was the highlight of the week. I thought the jockeying for power at the PTA meeting was excellent. Ricardo’s election was a WTF moment. Why elect someone who wouldn’t be able to hold the position? With that said, Olga’s usurping her husband’s board position was great. It was a gamechanger in the Teresa / Ana rivalry. The Santiago / Patty conflict would carry more weight if they had committed to this relationship a bit more before complicating it with Ana and whacky Gilberto.

The Teresa / Miranda scenes were nice. I do hope they keep their promise and continue to have conversations on a regular basis. I like how we were given more insight into the Olga / Teresa dynamic with Teresa’s backstory. Teresa’s attack on Olga at the hospital was classic. I know Olga’s daughter was fighting for her life, but Olga needed a smack to the face.

I thought the Friday cliffhanger was well done. Georgia’s age of consent is sixteen. Horny Mauricio is ready to jump back into bed with Miranda, but Miranda is having some qualms about it.

Gonzalo’s birthday party was great. The setup for the Gonzalo / Leo conflict is wonderful. While he was plotting to ruin Ale, Leo was saving Elizabeth, Gonzalo’s girlfriend. Now, all of Gonzalo’s suspicions are going to materialize as Elizabeth is making lovey eyes at her knight in shining armor, Leo. Leo / Gonzalo’s friendship is going to implode from the reprocussions of Gonzalo’s actions. BTW, I love how Andres Maximo (Leo’s dad) was arrested because the party was at his house. What a great beat to play considering the hints that Andres is actually the drug lord. I suspect they are going to let us think it is Ricardo a little bit longer, but eventually will go back to suggesting Andres.

Cassius kicking Leo was a great moment.

The Ale / Javier / Diego / Nora stuff was all really well done. Iniitally, I thought Ale’s internet buddy was going to be revealed as a part of Gonzalo / Leo’s plot. Then, I dismissed it when they played the Sebastian’s photo angle. It does sort of make the dinner scenes at Ale’s house a bit hard to put together. I did like how Javier appeared jealous of Sebastian / Ale’s relationship, but it didn’t really gel with the overall story. Anyway, I thought it was great how they explained Diego’s behavior in the hospital incident without giving it to the audience in dialogue. I liked the implication that Diego’s cruelty towards Ale stemmed from fear his father finding out he was beat up. Based on Friday’s episode, I don’t Dr. Barron would have treated Diego too kindly afterwards. Diego’s treatment of Ale after the picture incident was very nice, and it helped to bring the narrative arc full circle.

On the other hand, I find the PSA – ness of Friday’s episode a bit much. The Lady Gaga concert reference and some of the dialogue seemed incredibly preachy. There was a powerful moment when Ale said he wasn’t going to end his life and realized he was stronger than his tormentors. The Diego / Ale scenes were well done. The actor playing Diego played Diego’s empathy well.

Gonzalo / Benita scenes are always welcomed. I thought the abandonment issue is neat, but I feel like I’m watching parts of the Jonathan / Reva story from ‘Guiding Light.’ AT times, I felt GL overplayed Jonathan’s anger / Reva’s guilt. On RP, I’m worried about how much they play it. It was done well with Benita asking Gonzalo to come back to her, only for Gonzalo to make the connection to the past and his grandmother. The Benita / Clemencia scenes were also good.

I’m hoping this week is equally good, but, from the sounds of it, I might be disappointed.

• Members

Glad to see your post dc.happy.png LOL at the Horny Maurcio comment....lol...I can't wait to see Diego's dad reaction when he tells him he is gay. He is going to hit the roof. Hopefully they will play all the beats with him coming out and finally realizing he likes Alex.

• Members

I looked it up when it was mentioned. It seems it can be psychological in nature so I suspect she will be cured.

The setup for Alex / Javier was pretty fantastic. Maybe fantastic is the wrong word, but I thought it was all well done. I suspect Gonzalo's own dirty little picture from his threesome with Oswaldo and Rodrigo will rear it's ugly head. I suspect the picture will end up in Ale's hands, but I'm not sure what they are going to have him do with it. Remember, Sebastian wanted to get what was on Rodrigo's phone, and Leo hacked it and later claimed he deleted it. I bet Violet, Gilberto's niece, stumbled upon it when she hacked Leo's computer. I have to believe we will revisit Sebastian's quest to avenge his brother's death.

I love how Bob, Gonzalo's stepfather, found the picture of Ale on the phone.

I think we are suppose to love to hate Gonzalo, but I think he's a divisive character. I enjoy him because he creates plot movement, but ultimately he is scum with only a few moments of humanity.

Last week was the first time we met Diego's father. It was also the first time we met Lourdes Portillo, Ale's mother. At first, I was kind of upset that Diego and Ale were the only students who's parents we hadn't met. Yet, I think it worked for dramatic purposes. It allowed us to hate Diego with Ale, and then start to feel for him just as he saved Ale.

The show seems to have a delicate balance of heavy WTFery and strong relationships between the characters. If I didn't care so much about the friendships between the characters, I would be very hard pressed to care about the storylines. Besides the occasional moment of the script writer's fancy, most of the characters are fairly well defined and the actors do a decent job shading their performance.

I'm still on Monday so I haven't gotten to the finger snap, but it sounds like the show is embracing Ale as very comfortable with himself and his place in the world, which I can get behind. Based on Diego's home life, I can see where this would present itself as a problem and that's a dramatically rich scenario I'm willing to follow. The show seems fragmented, but I'm not sure I would enjoy the story as much if it was thrust into the spotlight. Because it's a secondary plot, I find it has better, more memorable moments and the characters seem less driven to take extreme measures to stay in the spotlight. That said, the show could devote some more time to subplots without hurting the overall narrative structure.

• Members

Ale is proud enough to come out to his peers and bullies at school but not to his parents? Not sure if I like that. I didn't like when he told his mom that the colorful bracelets she found around the house were really Nora's (LOL).

Always nice to see Sebastian. They don't seem to know what to do with him at all.

Joaco and Paty are my new favorite couple wub.png Why did she have to see him beating up Gonzalo in the parking lot?! I hope they make up fast. I was sad when Paty and Santiago broke things off this week but I'm sorta over them now that Joaco is in her life, LOL.

LOL at Paty asking Joaco earlier in the week if "the fat lady from the food truck" was his girlfriend laugh.png

LOVED the school election stuff. So glad Ms. Ana is the new principal, thanks to Santiago! Sorry but I didn't feel bad for Teresa, LOL. Ok I was a little bit sad for her when she was walking around the school "remembering" and saying goodbye; But Ms. Ana being the principal now is so much better to me and I loved the buildup. LMAO at Gilberto throughout all of this. He is such a crazy, money hungry horndog. I love Ana's secret annoyance with him. I love that Santiago is really attracted to Ana and finally admitted it to her. The buildup to their romance has been great!

Elizabeth is such an airhead. What is wrong with that girl? How could she go back to Gonzalo after what he did to her?! Right after she got out of the hospital she went right back to partying, etc with him...wacko.png

The Actress playing Benita is great. Always love Gonzalo's scenes with his mom. That guy playing his step-dad just gets worse. What an embarrassment.

Damn Mauricio couldn't wait to have sex with Miranda again, LMAO he was soo excited for it. Normally I'd find that disturbing but their love for each other is so clear and I was actually invested in them, so I was looking forward to it. Loved the drama they had with "The Indian" (laugh.png)

The rookie cop has become a bother and I'm so over JP and his sniveling.

• Members

I havent seen Friday's show so I am assuming the Alex stuff with his mom was on Friday?? That is funny that he is not out to him mom yet he is out to the whole school....lol. You would have thought that a mom from one of the parents would have been gossiping about this already and she'd know about it.

• Members

I admit I was laughing a little bit at the dad as well. Overall though, I thought it was a very well done sequence. Even though I hate it, I think it's realistic how the mom is in denial about him.

I was hoping Gonzalo & Elizabeth would discover Leo's bruises when they were partying at that parking lot.

Ok how did I miss this threesome picture stuff? LOL. I think that was explored before I started watching. So that's what Gonzalo is struggling to remember?? Wow!

Yep it was on Friday! I was disappointed with how it turned out. I wasn't expecting him to be afraid to tell his parents at this point.

• Members

The threesome pic was at the beginning. I also wasnt paying attention..it was a bit confusing for me. I mean to say that I was surprised a student's parent didnt tell Alex's mom that he was gay since it was all over school...that and his picture of him nude.

• Members

Again...a 1 min scene with Alex and his parents...really??.....

Yet we get more Gonzalo making out with E at school.....lol..at the head of the school catching them....lol.....Gonzalo put your clothes on before you go to my office...lol...

Archived