Relaciones Peligrosa

dc11786

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally caught up......the Alex/Nora stuff was pure nonsense. It made no sense whatsoever. Max and Gonzalo scenes for the week were so homo erotic..I kept thinking they were going to have sex or kiss. The actor who plays Gonzalo's dad is just an awful actor. Hopefully the coming week will be a better one.

• Members

I kept thinking Max and Gonzalo would pork as well, LOL! Or at least kiss. I love that Gonzalo thinks Max's mom is hot, I wonder if anything will really happen? :lol:

Gonzalo is just a hot mess. LOL at him going to that funeral high. I really like the actor.

I didn't like Max and Gonzalo drugging Cassius, that was ridiculous and I HATED Santiago finding him naked in the halls & bringing him to his classroom e8099.gif What a mess!

I'm about ready for the Mauricio/Miranda/JP stuff to be over.

Not too interested in much of the other stuff going on...

• Members

I agree this week was incredibly dull, which was a shame since it featured Rodrigo's funeral. I hate how the funeral was tacked on rather than being a main event. It feels like the show seems to be in full on novela mode now with Mauricio / Miranda's love story. I'm finding the situation involving Oliver increasingly annoying and time consuming. I'm not thrilled Mauricio is now a drug runner who has been seen by the cops. How can they really write themselves out of this situation? Plus Oliver's lawyer is now threatening to go public with everything. How is Miranda going to manage to stay at Cervantes without compromising the audience's intelligence?

On the otherhand, kudos to the show for providing me with the third cliffhanger that has made me gasp. The first was Rodrigo on the ledge. I NEVER thought he would actually thow himself over the side. I find it incredibly tacky that this is featured in the opening credits ad nauseum. The second cliffhanger that grabbed me was when Gonzalo's sister swallowed the drugs. Never see that in daytime. Then, this week, Cassius walking around naked in a drug induced state with Teresa about to walk by with Santiago in the wings. Excellent. Santiago is just great. I do feel bad he hasn't seen his daughter, and I suspect this will all come back to haunt his relationship with Patty.

Patty is such a frustrating character. Her scenes with Miranda at the house are nice. Aren't they living together? At times, they act like Patty does and, at other times, it appears like Patty lives elsewhere. Also, I was shocked Patty talked about attending Ricardo's class. I didn't realize Patty was still taking courses. The weird flashbacks Monday to her therapy sessions were more in line with the character, but it seems all so stereotypical. I wish the character was a bit more outside the box.

I don't even know what to say about the Ale / Nora scenes this week. Everything post-Monday made no sense. Ale and Nora talk casually in class and then hugging at the funeral. And why do I have almost no recollection of Sebastian from this weeks batch of episodes? His brother's funeral was held. At the very least, I was expecting a eulogy from Sebastian.

Yesenia had an exciting week.

There are many dangling threads. Did we ever learn who Yesenia was talking to with the genital piercing? Will the second person who attempted to rape Miranda be revealed? Joaquin, Yesenia's brother, is getting out of prison soon so I assume we will revisit the Yesenia sent Joacquin to prison hint later on. Gonzalo's secrets seem to be hinted at now and again, but the rest of them seem to be dropped and have no real reason to be revealed. I thought they might revisit the rapist plot with the talk of ruphies, but I don't think they are going in that direction.

Leo's 10 million dollar stock plot is such a bizarre story. I don't see the point to any of it. Dad doesn't believe him and loses out on a lot of money. At times, I feel sympathetic to Leo, but he gets himself into his own messes. The situation with Cassius is bordering on obsessive.

There were some nice scenes between the Blancos about their children. I did chuckle when Mr. Blanco found his son in the trailer with Yesenia. The whole situation is so over the top at times.

Violeta's scene with Mauricio where she called him MB was INTENSE. I knew she was going to figure it all out, but I didn't realize they were going to just throw it out there like that. Violeta may surpass Ana in terms of scheming and manipulating. Ana is awesome; I want to see her take on Teresa. I liked Teresa, at first, but she is becoming increasingly frustrating. They should keep her in Ricardo's orbit; it's the only time I can tolerate her.

I will give the show props for choosing to play the cougar angle between Leo's mother and Gonzalo. I was sure it was going to be Elizabeth's mom and Gonzalo, but I like how it puts the importance on Leo / Gonzalo's relationship over Gonzalo / Elizabeth. The Leo / Gonzalo relationship is very homoerotic at times. I wonder if Gonzalo will actually cross that line by sleeping with Leo's mother. She doesn't seem to be leading him on, but she does seem to have a bit of 'desperate housewife' in her.

Soapsuds, were you referring to Leo's dad being the bad actor? Gonzalo's stepfatehr wasn't on this week, was he? He's the one Gonzalo refers to as the gringo. Leo's father is the one who beats him and has all the money. They dropped another hint he might be the drug lord this week, but I cannot remember when it happened.

I do wonder if they are going to bounce RP to the daytime if the ratings don't rise. Locally, they are doing some contest where an audience member can win a thousand dollars. This is sweeps, afterall; I guess Telemundo is getting desperate.

• Members

Yes, I was referring to Leo. Too many guys to get straight...lol....Leo's dad...ugh...the actor sucks. Gonzalo screwing Leo's mom would be hilarious to watch. The show is just all over the place that is why it is so hard to keep track of everything. I doubt they would move it to the daytime if the ratings don't go up. The show is too out there for daytime viewing IMO. And again this week we saw more shower scenes of guys...lol...you got to love this show...lol. So many hot guys on it too....so many good looking guys. I didnt understand Mauricio's going all postal on him when he caught him with Yesenia. That should prove Mauricio is not gay....lol. Sebastian was hardly seen this week. His brother's funeral was a waste of time. It wasnt even taken seriously. Stories need to get moving because not much is going on.

• Members

I don't think Max's mom would go for it, but, based on the previews on youtube, I think it's possible Gonzalo and Olga, Elle's mom, will end up together. Plus this would facilitate the Teresa / Ricardo reunion I expect we will get in the end.

I like the honesty of Gonzalo getting high. Gonzalo is an emotional mess.

Gonzalo / Leo's plots are obnoxious. I don't know why the writers think they are funny when they are constantly belittling another character.

I wish they were more seriously invested in JP / Miranda, but I think it will just continue to get more and more messy. I wish the plotting wasn't so heavy on keeping Mauricio / Miranda's secret.

I didn't think about the sexual content in terms of daytime viewership. I think they could edit out some of the scenes, but I was wondering what would happen if the show didn't make its numbers.

The pacing is rough, which is a shame because the show started out so well. I thought the inclusion of the tutoring sessions was a smart move especially if we are suppose to buy into the relationship between Mauricio / Miranda. The Miranda / JP scenes were good this week at the children's center. I wonder what was going to happen with Luisa's brother (the guy who looked like he was hustling on teh street corner).

• Members

LOL...Ale telling Nora that he likes Soccer mostly because of the players legs laugh.png I was laughing when that popped up on the closed captions (I'm still having problems!)

Damn Mrs. Ana! Loved the attitude she had with the principal, I can't stand that woman. I love that Ana really wants her job laugh.png

What was up with that quick flashback Gonzalo had when Santiago was cornering him & Max in the showers?

I love how layered Max & Gonzalo are as characters. They're bullies at school but they still have some redeeming qualities and other things going on in their lives.

I really like the Actress playing Patty but she gets on my nerves. What in the hell is wrong with her? She is so awkward & frantic all the time, she needs to just pork Santiago already! They're actually really cute I think.

dc, always enjoy your insightful comments. They help me feel a little more caught up laugh.png Thanks!

• Members

The Ale / Nora story was strong in this past two episodes despite the fact that it has gotten such little time. The scene with Nora’s dad was great. The soccer references help to develop the Guzmans a bit further. The conflict developing over Leo is natural and completely character driven. I absolutely love it. Nora is the voice of Cervantes and Leo can be very sweet at times. When Leo came to Nora in Monday’s episode, I felt like this was the start of something that could work. As I’ve said in previous posts, I think a Leo / Nora pairing would be the perfect obstacle for the Nora / Sebastian pairing.

Ale’s point regarding Gonzalo / Leo was spot on. How can Gonzalo and Leo be the victims? I also like that Nora didn’t accept Leo at his word. Leo manipulates the situation with his puppy dog eyes, and he is honestly the victim of a bully, his father. I like how they made similar comments about Diego’s father, which, if they do pursue the Nora / Leo angle, would give Nora / Ale more to bond over.

My one qualm with the situation between Ale / Diego is there has been no real indication of attraction between the two other than the source material. I think it would have been interesting if Nora confronted Ale, or confronts him, about being attracted to someone who makes his life miserable.

Where’s my Sebastian? I’ll buy he is caught up in his brother’s death, but they better comment on it. At times, this show is incredibly frustrating, and, at times, it delivers. I miss Sebastian. I hope with Oliver’s death Sebastian is back in the story.

I thought both women made excellent points. Ana wants to make sweeping, unrealistic changes, while Teresa is hoping that the problem will go away on its own. While Ana wants to stop bullying, which is admirable, she cannot do anything to Gonzalo and Leo. Leo’s father would be all over the school in a hot minute. He even said so to Teresa, which helped to explain her position. On the other hand, there are times where Teresa seems too budget conscious, but I think that is the unfortunate role of a director. In general, I like Teresa as she is multifaceted like most of the show’s secondary cast.

Santiago mentioned having a dead body on your conscious. Gonzalo was thinking about the party with Oswaldo and Rodrigo, both characters are now dead. Gonzalo provide them with the drugs.

Gonzalo and Leo are incredibly layered, which keeps me from completely hating them. I do like how the emphasis has been placed on the Gonzalo / Leo friendship over the Leo / Sofia and Gonzalo / Elie relationships. They have a very natural and realistic friendship. The one thing that bothers me is they never seem to pay for the crimes.

I like how they didn’t focus on the phone during the Santiago / Gonzalo / Leo scene, but, as a viewer, I still knew it was going to come back to haunt Santiago. I can understand Santiago’s position, but he is too emotional at times.

I agree. I think the actress is being directed to act zany because Patty is a book worm, which deems her a comical character. I do like the Santiago / Patty pairing. At times, Patty comes off as too uptight about non-sexual issues. The situation being set up between Patty / Santiago / Ana / Gilberto. I’m looking forward to Ana taking over the school and the drama that should result in this quad. I wonder how long before Miranda tells Patty about Gilberto’s Santiago / Ana comments.

BTW, Ana was a complete b#$tch to Gilberto about the flowers in the parking lot. In every other sitaution, I could defend Ana, but Ana is just cruel.

Thanks for the kind words. Did your close captions end up working?

The other time we saw the psychologist Patty said she was unable to have sex with men. I got the impression she had emotional issues, but, after last night’s episode, I wonder if she has a sexually transmitted disease. Given Patty’s behavior, I find it hard to believe she has a STD, but I thought I would throw it out there. I’m not sure if we know for sure she has a physical ailment or if it’s emotional.

Are you serious? Good riddance. If I was invested in Mauricio / Miranda, I might be upset that Mau is indirectly responsible for Oliver’s death, but I’m not. On the other hand, I’m not convinced Oliver’s death isn’t a part of the drug operation, and Oliver is really in protective custody. The death was a bit gruesome, but I did enjoy seeing him suffer.

The story between the main leads is becoming increasingly convoluted in order to keep them at the center of the story. Mauricio is now a full time drug mule? Miranda still has feelings for Mauricio and J.P. I wish the story would spend more time on J.P.’s story with his father-in-law and sister-in-law. If the show can tell the drug dealing plot, there is no reason the show couldn’t explore J.P.’s life outside of Cervantes more. I don’t mind any of the three as individuals, but the Mauricio / Miranda , Mauricio / J.P., and Miranda / J.P. plots all seem to become such a vortex of blah outside of J.P.’s past and the community center. It’s a shame because I felt the initial set up was well done, but its all become incredibly plot driven.

• Members

Ugh! Gonzalo stealing Yesenias money and framing Mauricio for it mad.gif I really hated that. Dude already has so much on his plate. LOL!

That was clever what Gonzalo did to get out of being busted for the drug test, but exactly whose pee was that he ended up using? LMAO. I think I missed it. I have to say again that I LOVE the actor who plays Gonzalo.

I loved when Patty was fantasizing about going up to Mauricio in the library and confronting him about sleeping w/Miranda. That was a funny moment, I was seriously fooled laugh.png The looks Mauricio was giving her were hilarious.

I actually enjoy the quad developments between Gilberto/Ana/Santiago/Patty. Gilberto just seems like he'll turn out to be a total nut though.

Ok Leo and Max are the same person, right? LOL.

I agree with you about Nora/Leo but sometimes I get the feeling that he likes Sofia too.

I was wondering about him as well! He hasn't been on in a while. Is Ale over his crush on him or what?

Nope, still having problems with them. Occasionally they'll run smoothly but most of the time they just pop up and go away really fast. Fortunately, I think I've caught on mostly to what's going on and I understand the gist of things laugh.png

Good guess. Isn't she a virgin though? Thought I heard her say that, but she still could've gotten an STD some other way through blood or something. I'm leaning more towards a physical and/or emotional problem with her though. LOL

LOL!! I just found it sad the way he died, I didn't care for his character at all but it was a little devastating to me how he collapsed & slowly died like that out on the prison yard sad.png I was moved!

About Mauricio/Miranda/J.P, I'm disappointed in how things are turning out. I'm wondering how are they going to get Mauricio out of all this mess? He is a drug mule who ran from the cops. And Ms. Miranda, her secret is going to come out sooner or later, how will she avoid jailtime? (I have to say I loved the Mary Kay Letourneau references on Thursday, though that was a nice touch). Those are two of the main characters on the show. And J.P, I definitely get the evil vibes from him. It's just too bad.

• Members

OMG! My heart sank tonight when Max and Gonzalo just started shooting Cassius like that. Once again this show fooled me. I thought those were bullets hitting him, instead it was just some paint :lol: WTH! It is really difficult watching them bully Cassius all the time, seriously why do they hate him so much?

And to think I was feeling for Gonzalo earlier in the episode during those wonderful scenes with his mom.

Loved the Gilberto/Ms. Ana drama

Finally at least one of Mauricio's parents are catching on to what he's up to. I'm not quite understanding the stuff with Mauricio and that cosmetics girl though. I love how Ms. Miranda is the one stalking Mauricio now, lol.

• Members

This show is incredibly bizarre. I've decided to embrace the WTFery that invades almost every aspect of the series. Wednesday was good. Thursday was mostly odd with an occasional strong scene. Friday was mostly blah.

Mauricio is the put upon heroine of the series; Perils of Paul(ine). I appreciate the gender switch since it's typically the woman going through all these ridiculous plots on the telenovelas I've seen. I was okay with it though because it's obviously part of the bigger story between Mau / Joaquin. Joaquin is going to continue to have issues with Mau's relationship with Yesenia. I think that's why he had the final scene in jail with Oliver's pal. Joaquin, like the audience, will believe Oliver was killed on Mau's orders. I supsect we'll learn Oliver is alive and being protected by the Feds and / or the orders actually came from someone higher up in the drug organization.

I did love the rather extensive backstory they gave Miranda regarding her dead father, the military man. I wonder if he is truly dead or undercover. I like how it leaves the door open to tie Miranda into the drug plot. I think we will learn her father was involved with the head of the drug cartel and she will be kidnapped only to have J.P. and / or Mauricio save her. I just hope they don't reveal J.P. is a drug dealer in the process. I feel like that will eventually come out as a part of his dark past.

In regards to the ongoing references to Mary Kay Letourneau, I'm thinking of turning RP into a drinking game. The MKL tribute on the news was bizarre. On the other hand, Patty made some valid comments about the law being so strict. If you're twenty four and day, suddenly, you're a criminal. Mau / Miranda's comments about the cultural differences of love was also interesting in regards to his paper. I don't understand how the same show can have thought provoking scenes like Patty's discussion of statuatory rape laws, Miranda and Mau's analysis of the sociology of love, and then feature J.P. smashing someone's prostetic hand. Every time I see Ignacio, I think James E. Reilly must be pissed he never got to write this story.

I'm not sure if you mean this question in a literal sense because of the CC problems. Leo bought the urine sample off of someone. Gonzalo gets away with too much so I was happy when Joaquin gave him a taste of his own medicine.

I did too!

Initially, I rolled my eyes at Gilberto and the woman at the bar. It’s clear this part of the storyline is written on the fly, but I’ll admit the Ana / Gilberto fight scenes were intense. I love me some Ana Conde. His comments about their marriage were spot on, but they cannot justify him kissing “the first tramp that passes him.” LOL Wow! The actor who plays Gilberto is excellent. He was actually pained by Ana’s comments. I think the Gilberto / Ana marriage is deliciously dysfunctional.

At times, I feel like I've missed things or the editing is poor. Patty and Santiago talked about a fight over the drug test, but I didn't know Patty knew Santiago had a problem. This was a pretty important piece of their story which was sort of swept under the rug. Then, we had the sweet scenes with Ana learning about Santiago's daughter, Ana / Santiago talking about his daughter, and Santiago looking at the girl's pictures. I thought this aspect was all really well done.

Yes. His full name is Leonardo Maximo.

I definitely think Leo likes Sofia and wants her back, but I don't think he'll ever have her again. She's done with him. I think her issues with Cassius will eventually stem from her ignorant father and Cassius' strict father. There was even some comments from Cassius' dad on Wednesday / Thursday about women causing good men to bad things or something along those lines.

The Nora / Leo angle of the Santiago recording is interesting. Now, Nora has the only copy unless the other hacker, Violeta, has managed to keep one. I wonder if she also managed to get a copy of the video of Oswaldo / Rodrigo / Gonzalo's night of debauchery. I know Leo deleted it but if he didn't empty the trash it would still be there.

My main point regarding Leo / Nora is they are a realistic roadblock for the Sebastian / Nora and the Leo / Gonzalo relationships. Once Nora starts sniffing around about the drugs, she is going to go back to Gonzalo. Will Leo really follow the bros before hoes philosphy?

It did look painful, but after I had to suffer through weeks of his inane plotting, I was happy to see him suffer a little. Besides, I'm not convinced he is dead.

It's becoming increasingly obvious how things will turn out in the end. I had thought they were going to give J.P. / Miranda at least an honest go, but I think when Miranda / J.P. do become involved, it will be all lies on J.P.'s end.

I did like the introduction of Gia, who is a much needed antagonist. I think her little beauty spa will provide some interesting drama. At first, I thought she was the head of a modelling agency, but I think the stem cell angle is interesting. I did snicker a bit about how it could take ten years off her aging; ten years being the exact difference in age between Miranda and Mau. This seems to be heading in a rather sci-fi-esque direction, but I'm game at this point. I've given up on expecting serious drama and have embraced the camp and ridiculousness.

Gonzalo's racial comments always surprise me. The entire set up of Friday's scene was incredibly shocking. I don't know what message they were sending by painting Cassius white, but I'm surprised there isn't more uproar about this sort of thing.

He and Max are written as such gray characters, but there over the top stunts in the bullying plot hinder this. In reality, bullying is so much more subtle, which is why schools have such a hard time catching the students. Young people like Max and Gonzalo taunt their classmates everyday, but it isn't done in such an outlandish manner. Nasty text messages, dirty looks across the room, and snide comments in the hallway are more common. It tends to be the victim who lashes out and gets in trouble because they explode rather than bully.

Two great Beata / Gonzalo scenes this week.

The scenes with Beata / Gonzalo were excellent. Another example of an actress who plays the material well despite the nature of the writing. Based on Gonzalo’s comments, I think the intention was to go very weepy and very telenovela on Gonzalo about the drug testing. We’ve seen this already in those wonderful scenes between mother and son where Gonzalo says he got hooked on drugs to dull the pain of growing up without his mother. Anyway, Wednesday’s scene was strong. Beata wants to believe Gonzalo; you can see the love in her eyes. I hate the way Gonzalo treats others, and how he gets away with everything he does. On the otherhand, I do sympathize because I think he grew up fast.

I was a bit upset by the implication Bob was the bad guy in the second scene because we really haven't been given that indication. Bob's problems with Gonzalo are legitimate. I didn't like how Gonzalo was all "let's run away and I'll take care of you" because that seemed out of character for Gonzalo. He isn't that self-sacrificing.

Gia is a pleasant surprise. She apparently is connected to the drug ring. Since her business is cosmetic, Gia seems to be importing illegal substances to use in her treatments at the clinic. Patty suggested that she is using stem cells to keep her clients looking more youthful. Apparently, this was what Mauricio's was bringing to her because she cannot have it FedExed. Anyway, Gia seems to be interested in Mau sexually, which is an interesting angle to play because of Mau's interest in older women. I haven't quite figured out where all this could be heading because she is so new and this angle isn't something I was expecting. At first, I thought Gia was going to turn out to be Marta Oliveras, J.P.'s sister-in-law based on the dramatic music. I just don't know what Gia's deal is, but I'm fascinated and would like to know more.

• Members

The show is a mess. I am still on Tuesday's episode where Mauricio is hiding almost naked...gawd...the guy is so hot....from being discovered at Miranda's.

The ratings are still dreadful. I understand why...kind of hard to keep up with all the left and right turns.....I am curious as to what everyone thinks about the actors? Good ...bad??

• Members

I'm awful at rating actors. Everyone I like, most people cannot stand.

I find most younger actors on daily shows struggle with learning the lines and rarely give much emotion so I find personality goes a long way. I like the actress playing Yesenia. I feel like she brings something to her role. The actress playing Nora was excellent during the grieving process. In general, I find Ellie, Sofia, and Violeta (other than her snarking) rather bland. The actor playing Gonzalo is charasmatic and works well off of the actor playing Leo/Max. Overall, I find Leo/Max rather staid outside of his scenes with Gonzalo. A lot of the leads leave a lot to be desires (J.P. / Sandra Echavaria (sp?) / Mauricio). I think its hard to carry a daily show. I like Maritza Busamante. And Ana Leysvitch (sp?) who plays Patty seems good, but I don't care for her acting choices whether they've been her own choice or a director's. I give her credit for making the character work considering the absurdity of the character. I really like Jeannette Lehr in her more tame role and the actor playing Santiago makes me run hot and cold at times. I think he could do more with Santiago, but I find Santiago fairly likeable despite some of his more extreme actions.

I find myself becoming increasingly obssessed with this show. I've just embraced the WTFery with the arrival of Gia. I mean come on. How does a high school novela so quickly dissolve into a hot mess about stem cell snatching drug lords and 'rejuvenation center' owner Gia. Any doubts I've had about the show's homoerotic element have dissolved. This has got to be one of the campiest, homoerotic shows on television.

Monday's episode featured the break up and reconcilliation of the show's signature couple. No, I'm not talking about Miranda and Mauricio or even Miranda and J.P., for that matter. The show's main couple is Miranda and Patty. It was Patty who was the jilted lover when she heard Miranda's tape recorded confession admitting she slept with Mauricio. Miranda has been lying to Patty for weeks, well its probably only been a few days in the novela, but finally she confessed her indescretion to her rock, Patty. I have kid about the lesbian undertone to Miranda and Patty's relationship, but I'm also a bit serious. Continually, I've noticed how the show is telling traditional stories, but shifting the dramatic focus.

For example, Monday's episode featured both J.P. and Patty confronting Miranda about Mauricio's role in her life. Who's reaction was deemed more important? I'd say Patty. Miranda left the room twice to tell J.P., the man who is attracted to her, that she would deal with him in a moment because she needed to speak to Patty. Miranda, and the writers, placed more value on the Miranda / Patty relationship over J.P. / Miranda. It was Patty who left the apartment with her bags packed acting like a lover scorned. It was only after Patty left that Miranda handled J.P.

When Patty was with Santiago, Patty only began to give into Santiago when he wanted to speak about Miranda. It seems Patty's decision to give into Santiago was a way to keep up with Miranda. Patty has commented before on Miranda's sexuality when Miranda kissed J.P. on their first outing together to anger Mauricio. Now I'm not saying the show is saying Miranda and Patty are going to end up together, but there are elements of this story which are playing out like a love affair.

I'm thinking of saving the rest of this weeks episodes for the weekend. I really think this show would be much more fun to dissect while intoxicated.

Archived